Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> tall rear valence(s) questions, Need some clarification...
Speedo
post Mar 7 2023, 05:19 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,170
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

Allow me to ramble...I have a 914-6 and one of Ben's GT3 mufflers, so either way I have some work to do to accommodate the twin barrels pointing out the back. If I had a real 6 tall valence, I would need to weld the tailpipe outlet shut and create one oblong or two symmetrical openings for the outlets. Good and bad news is that I don't have a tall 6 rear valence, so I don't need to stress about destroying a real valence to create what I need. But I do want a valence. Ferg kindly set me up with a short 4 valence and I have massaged it back to it's original shape, thinking that I might flatten the lower lip, add steel to make it a tall valence...and then decide what to do about the tailpipe exit. Before I start adding steel, I wanted to ask the wizards here what, if any, was the difference in the angle the short and tall valences tuck under the rear of the car. Is the angle/arc the same for the short and tall valences? Something tells me the arc of the short valence is more abrupt than the tall, but as I don't have a tall to measure or compare...I'm relying on you guys. Thanks for your help in advance.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Montreal914
post Mar 7 2023, 08:33 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 12,023
Region Association: Southern California

If you can accept fiberglass, this is an option. I bought one a few years ago and will eventually install it on my car when done... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) There are no holes, you make your own. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smash.gif)

https://americaninternationalracing.com/pro...e-rear-valance/

Picture from their website:

Attached Image
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
DRPHIL914
post Mar 8 2023, 07:12 AM
Post #3

Dr. Phil

Member No.: 11,106
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(Montreal914 @ Mar 7 2023, 09:33 PM) *

If you can accept fiberglass, this is an option. I bought one a few years ago and will eventually install it on my car when done... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) There are no holes, you make your own. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smash.gif)

Attached Image

FYI,
they also show on their website that they make a replacement roof skin, so i guess a new fiberglass replacement. I wonder if it just needs the hardware mounted? it might be the only company i have seen that makes a replacement top for our cars!.
+Quote Post
mepstein
post Mar 8 2023, 09:32 AM
Post #4

914-6 GT in waiting

Member No.: 10,825
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Mar 8 2023, 08:12 AM) *

QUOTE(Montreal914 @ Mar 7 2023, 09:33 PM) *

Attached Image

FYI,
they also show on their website that they make a replacement roof skin, so i guess a new fiberglass replacement. I wonder if it just needs the hardware mounted? it might be the only company i have seen that makes a replacement top for our cars!.

It’s to cover a roll cage on a race car.
+Quote Post
dr914@autoatlanta.com
post Mar 8 2023, 10:54 AM
Post #5

914 Guru

Member No.: 7,418
Region Association: None

agree, since you already have a modified muffler on your car, originality is out the window, so buy a short FIBERGLASS valance and go for it

QUOTE(Montreal914 @ Mar 7 2023, 07:33 PM) *

Attached Image

+Quote Post
Speedo
post Mar 8 2023, 05:10 PM
Post #6

"agree, since you already have a modified muffler on your car, originality is out the window, so buy a short FIBERGLASS valance and go for it"

I have a short valance. I want the tall valance. Hard to tell if the AIR valance pictured is short or tall.

Can anyone address the question of the inward angle/arc comparison between the short or tall valances?
+Quote Post
eric9144
post Mar 8 2023, 05:30 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 12,876

Assuming you have a narrow body car--there's a Patrick Motorsports deep rear valence with no cut outs. Could be the same as the AIR version, I don't know.
https://patrickmotorsports.com/products/bod...0c619&_ss=r

I have the wide body version, here it is when still in primer--Should be able to make it work with whatever you have going on (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif) :
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Speedo
post Mar 8 2023, 07:06 PM
Post #8

Eric,
Thanks for the heads up. That looks great! Would you be able to take side pictures level with the valance so I could gauge the angle/arc of the rear of the valance? Thanks in advance!
+Quote Post
Montreal914
post Mar 8 2023, 10:29 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 12,023

The one I got from AIR was the deep one and had no holes. Agreed the image is unclear but if you look at the right corner, you can see it is definitely taller than the short one. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Good luck with your project! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smash.gif)

Attached Image
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th May 2024 - 06:06 PM