Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The two bleeders
Krieger
post Mar 19 2023, 06:58 PM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,104
Region Association: None

And some casting variations with mine. @Superhawk996 . I bought these from a Ferrari repair shop. They told me they were off two different cars. I didn't care since they were $100 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Attached Image

Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Superhawk996
post Mar 19 2023, 09:43 PM
Post #22

914 Guru

Member No.: 22,428
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

Thank you for the alternate views.

Nice score for $100. Lucky the didn’t call the cops after you stole them like that! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif)
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
PatMc
post Mar 20 2023, 08:48 AM
Post #23

Member No.: 25,669
Region Association: None

QUOTE(Superhawk996 @ Mar 19 2023, 01:34 PM) *

Nope - I’m wrong on a casting common to all three applications. You can see the /4 casting has a different formation than the Ferrari rear inboard casting.

The other thing that is implied is that Krieger’s calipers had to be drilled to the /6 orientation meaning that the 308s weren’t dual bleed screw.

The mystery continues as to what would prompt ATE to have two bleed screws on the /4. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) I’m still thinking someone else was using the /4 casting for another OEM. That will take some digging. I’ll see what I can find on ATE classic site.

/4 photo from Pelican

The ONLY applications that use this type of rear caliper are:

914-4
-914-6 - use a larger version of the 70-72 914-4 piston guts along with the M10 adjuster threads....a unicorn exclusive to the 914-6 caliper
Ferrari 308 - uses the same piston guts and M10 adjusters as the Late 914-4 caliper.
Alfa (38mm, but different parking brake lever configuration and a few other things)..use the same piston guts as the Ferrari 308, but the external threads on the outer adjuster are M10x1.25 rather than M8x1.25 like the 914 (4 and 6) and Ferrari calipers, and the inner setup is different as well.

I've also seen one instance of these being used on a BMW....not sure if OE or not, can't remember the model, but it was something special.

The inboard castings are a bit different between the early and late 914-4...the area where you insert the clips to retain the pad pins has a bit more relief on one than the other...maybe just an updated tool, who knows.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 05:57 AM