Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Fuel Crud, refinish fuel tank
Bruce Hinds
post May 9 2023, 11:37 PM
Post #21

V-8 madness

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,391
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Lines came in yesterday, looking at getting them in soon. I went with the 9.5 mm feed line and the 8mm return figuring I'll be going to FI at some point.

Question for those of you that have done this a few times - Feed first then return? What's the best way? No instructions were provided.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Chris H.
post May 11 2023, 07:51 AM
Post #22

Member No.: 73
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Hey Bruce,

Just bumping this up to the top for you. It's been a LONG time (10+ years) since I did my lines and I had 8mm both ways, but the process is pretty much the same. I did not remove the engine, just lifted the car up fairly high. The nice thing about unequal size lines is you can't install them "backwards" (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif). They look identical but have different bends at the engine bay end, which is not noticeable until you're almost done.

As I recall the only "hard" part was the fact that the lines have a bend at the fuel tank end so it took some wiggling and fishing to get them through the last bit. Also keep the rubber ends on them and put a little grease on them to help get them through the grommet.

Of course I do not know the answer to your only real question, which line to do first....If you bought them from Pelican they were very likely Chris Foley/Tangerine Racing lines. I can't find the instructions I received with mu kit but maybe someone else has them? @ChrisFoley could maybe help as well.
+Quote Post
zoomCat
post May 11 2023, 08:56 AM
Post #23

Member No.: 2,526
Region Association: None

QUOTE(Bruce Hinds @ May 10 2023, 01:37 AM) *

Lines came in yesterday, looking at getting them in soon. I went with the 9.5 mm feed line and the 8mm return figuring I'll be going to FI at some point.

Question for those of you that have done this a few times - Feed first then return? What's the best way? No instructions were provided.

Ian has a nice video of this, he did the supply line first.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDFsZoI_W3g
+Quote Post
ChrisFoley
post May 11 2023, 11:08 AM
Post #24

I am Tangerine Racing

Member No.: 209
Region Association: None

QUOTE(Chris H. @ May 11 2023, 08:51 AM) *

.If you bought them from Pelican they were very likely Chris Foley/Tangerine Racing lines. I can't find the instructions I received with mu kit but maybe someone else has them?

My products are not being sold by Pelican Parts at this time. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post May 11 2023, 11:14 AM
Post #25

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

It’s easier with the rear tires off if you’re on the floor. Take the seats out. Remove center console if equipped. When done with the tubing, put the tires on and Dr seat in and drive a bit to ensure every thing is good.
+Quote Post
Bruce Hinds
post May 28 2023, 10:10 AM
Post #26

V-8 madness

Member No.: 7,391
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(ChrisFoley @ May 11 2023, 10:08 AM) *

QUOTE(Chris H. @ May 11 2023, 08:51 AM) *

.If you bought them from Pelican they were very likely Chris Foley/Tangerine Racing lines. I can't find the instructions I received with mu kit but maybe someone else has them?

My products are not being sold by Pelican Parts at this time. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Sorry Chris. I've been trying to spread the "love" through my project and give everyone that supports our teeners some support.

B
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st May 2024 - 09:05 PM