Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Brake lights stuck on, Electrical frustration
#1RAGE
post Aug 13 2005, 02:51 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 664

This is pretty much an update to the problems which I explained in this thread.

Basically now the only electrical problem the car seems to have is the brake lights are stuck on all the time. I do not believe it has to do with the switch because one light is much brighter than the other and sometimes some of the other lights have a very light glow to them as well. This happens when all the lights should be off.. just the ignition turned on.

I used a contact cleaner to clean up the contacts on the light bulbs and connections in the rear and it didn't seem to do anything.

It is extremely frustrating for me especially because I do not know much about electrical systems in cars. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/headbang.gif)

The car seems to be nice and dry now. Any more suggestions?

Thanks
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
#1RAGE   Brake lights stuck on   Aug 13 2005, 02:51 PM
ArtechnikA   did you look at the switch?   Aug 13 2005, 03:24 PM
#1RAGE   ...   Aug 13 2005, 05:00 PM
northern chris   I had a similar problem, but first I'll ask a ...   Aug 13 2005, 07:48 PM
plas76targa   I had the same problem and fixed it by cleaning al...   Aug 14 2005, 05:34 AM
rhodyguy   the switch arm goes on the BACK (drivers) side of ...   Aug 14 2005, 09:18 AM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th May 2024 - 06:19 AM