Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Help: tangerine racing ss fuel line install
shredtherad
post May 18 2023, 08:00 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 26,559
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

I got the tank out, removed the old lines, got the fuel lines through the tunnel but I am stuck on how the engine bay lines work.

Anyone have any photos of how they worked that one? Or what the layout looks like?

Also, anyone have a schematic on how the layout looks for the fuel pump relocation to the front under the car but the steering rack?

I must suck at searching because I was unable to find what I was looking for... thanks all!

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
nditiz1
post May 18 2023, 08:13 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 18,763
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Before I moved it to the frunk

Attached Image
+Quote Post
r_towle
post May 18 2023, 08:17 AM
Post #3

Custom Member

Member No.: 124
Region Association: North East States

If the pump is in front, the feed line (rubber) goes up the passenger long, along the back trunk wall, then connects to the fuel pressure regulator.
Off the regulator feeds the driver side injectors, then from there to the passenger side injectors, then back to the return line to the tank.

I guess it’s up to you, but the regulator is first, then injectors
+Quote Post
NARP74
post May 18 2023, 08:22 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 24,549

Lots of results here. You can narrow your search as needed.

site:914world.com stainless steel fuel lines
+Quote Post
NARP74
post May 18 2023, 08:27 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 24,549

http://www.914world.com/specs/tech_fuellines_ss.php
+Quote Post
sportlicherFahrer
post May 18 2023, 10:21 AM
Post #6

Nothing to see here.

Member No.: 3,945
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(r_towle @ May 18 2023, 07:17 AM) *

If the pump is in front, the feed line (rubber) goes up the passenger long, along the back trunk wall, then connects to the fuel pressure regulator.
Off the regulator feeds the driver side injectors, then from there to the passenger side injectors, then back to the return line to the tank.

Got that backwards. Pressure goes from the tunnel to the #3/#4 rail, across the top of the engine to the #1/#2 rail, then to the regulator. Ljet has the CSV in the middle of the run between banks, and Djet has it off the #1/#2 rail. Return goes from the regulator, across the back of the engine/rear firewall, back down to the tunnel.

@iankarr did a video on the install:

https://youtu.be/IDFsZoI_W3g

Pelican link for hose diagrams. For late model under-car routing look at the 1.8 diagram:

https://www.pelicanparts.com/914/technical_...el_diagrams.htm
+Quote Post
shredtherad
post May 18 2023, 10:28 AM
Post #7

QUOTE(NARP74 @ May 18 2023, 08:27 AM) *

Cool, thanks. I had looked at this before. Didn't really help me with the engine bay ss lines that are included with kit and the photo that is included with the kit is rubbish... haha. Plus the pump is up front now too...

I will just figure it out, seems like the only way (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
shredtherad
post May 18 2023, 10:50 AM
Post #8

QUOTE(sportlicherFahrer @ May 18 2023, 10:21 AM) *

QUOTE(r_towle @ May 18 2023, 07:17 AM) *

Got that backwards. Pressure goes from the tunnel to the #3/#4 rail, across the top of the engine to the #1/#2 rail, then to the regulator. Ljet has the CSV in the middle of the run between banks, and Djet has it off the #1/#2 rail. Return goes from the regulator, across the back of the engine/rear firewall, back down to the tunnel.

@iankarr did a video on the install:

https://youtu.be/IDFsZoI_W3g

Pelican link for hose diagrams. For late model under-car routing look at the 1.8 diagram:

https://www.pelicanparts.com/914/technical_...el_diagrams.htm

thanks! i looked at that video, he skips over the lines in the engine bay, that is the part I am sort of lost on, how the Shorter stainless lines are run in the engine bay.
+Quote Post
sportlicherFahrer
post May 18 2023, 11:00 AM
Post #9

Nothing to see here.

QUOTE(shredtherad @ May 18 2023, 09:50 AM) *

thanks! i looked at that video, he skips over the lines in the engine bay, that is the part I am sort of lost on, how the Shorter stainless lines are run in the engine bay.

They poke through grommets on the shelf under the battery pedestal. Larger bend radius(in regards to the "hooked" end that goes towards the top rear passenger corner of the engine compartment) line goes in the forward hole and is usually used for return, smaller bend radius in the aft hole and is usually used for pressure as it is just a little closer to the #3/#4 fuel rail. In reality, you can use whichever one you want for pressure or return as long as you mark them somehow to avoid confusion when you're completing the circuit. Mine were very similar, so I just used red nail polish to mark the pressure line a couple inches away from the end. Basic point is that the longer more-straight end goes down through the shelf, and the hooked end sticks up in the engine bay aft of the battery for both lines.

Edit: you can see the top end of the lines at 9:38 in Ian's video. Note the MPS mounted above the shelf and the rain tray drain hose for reference. The thick black cable to the left of the lines is the positive battery cable going from the battery to the starter.
+Quote Post
r_towle
post May 18 2023, 11:05 AM
Post #10

Custom Member

Member No.: 124
Region Association: North East States

exactly backwards of what I said....lol

Diagrams help.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
shredtherad
post May 18 2023, 11:06 AM
Post #11

QUOTE(sportlicherFahrer @ May 18 2023, 11:00 AM) *

QUOTE(shredtherad @ May 18 2023, 09:50 AM) *

They poke through grommets on the shelf under the battery pedestal. Larger bend radius(in regards to the "hooked" end that goes towards the top rear passenger corner of the engine compartment) line goes in the forward hole and is usually used for return, smaller bend radius in the aft hole and is usually used for pressure as it is just a little closer to the #3/#4 fuel rail. In reality, you can use whichever one you want for pressure or return as long as you mark them somehow to avoid confusion when you're completing the circuit. Mine were very similar, so I just used red nail polish to mark the pressure line a couple inches away from the end. Basic point is that the longer more-straight end goes down through the shelf, and the hooked end sticks up in the engine bay aft of the battery for both lines.

Sweet! thanks mate. I assume a reducer is needed between the engine bay ss line and the fuel lines in the rail for the supply line?

Thanks for helping, I am a noob to working on cars :/
+Quote Post
sportlicherFahrer
post May 18 2023, 11:15 AM
Post #12

Nothing to see here.

QUOTE(shredtherad @ May 18 2023, 10:06 AM) *

Sweet! thanks mate. I assume a reducer is needed between the engine bay ss line and the fuel lines in the rail for the supply line?

You're welcome! Sounds like you have the early large diameter feed line in the tunnel? The best solution is to use one of the reducers Tangerine sells, or something similar if you happen to have a local source. Stretching the small hose to the large line can damage or fatigue the hose causing leaks, and clamping a large hose to the smaller tube will almost always result in a leak. Up to you on how and where you want to fit a transition in.

https://tangerineracing.com/shop/ols/produc...e-adapter-piece
+Quote Post
shredtherad
post May 18 2023, 11:30 AM
Post #13

QUOTE(sportlicherFahrer @ May 18 2023, 11:15 AM) *

QUOTE(shredtherad @ May 18 2023, 10:06 AM) *

You're welcome! Sounds like you have the early large diameter feed line in the tunnel? The best solution is to use one of the reducers Tangerine sells, or something similar if you happen to have a local source. Stretching the small hose to the large line can damage or fatigue the hose causing leaks, and clamping a large hose to the smaller tube will almost always result in a leak. Up to you on how and where you want to fit a transition in.

https://tangerineracing.com/shop/ols/produc...e-adapter-piece

Cool, I got a couple already! I planned a little bit.

I think I got the layout down. but not sure what #1 in my photo is and there is a hose that was going to to the FP before I moved it #2

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
sportlicherFahrer
post May 18 2023, 12:16 PM
Post #14

Nothing to see here.

Great! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif)

#1 is the Decel Valve, and #2 looks to be the same hose that is attached to the right hand side of #1. If it is, it should be connected to manifold vacuum, as should the port pointed up in relation to the photo. Port on the left should be routed to the air filter housing.
+Quote Post
shredtherad
post May 18 2023, 12:28 PM
Post #15

QUOTE(sportlicherFahrer @ May 18 2023, 12:16 PM) *

Great! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif)

#1 is the Decel Valve, and #2 looks to be the same hose that is attached to the right hand side of #1. If it is, it should be connected to manifold vacuum, as should the port pointed up in relation to the photo. Port on the left should be routed to the air filter housing.

Ok, thanks. man, I wish I shot photos before unhooking stuff because I pretty sure #2 was connected to something to do with the fuel lines... damn, I usually take before photos...

+Quote Post
mgp4591
post May 18 2023, 04:25 PM
Post #16

914 Guru

Member No.: 14,748
Region Association: Intermountain Region

QUOTE(shredtherad @ May 18 2023, 08:00 AM) *

I got the tank out, removed the old lines, got the fuel lines through the tunnel but I am stuck on how the engine bay lines work.

Anyone have any photos of how they worked that one? Or what the layout looks like?

Also, anyone have a schematic on how the layout looks for the fuel pump relocation to the front under the car but the steering rack?

I must suck at searching because I was unable to find what I was looking for... thanks all!

Check out Ian Karr's video about the fuel line install...I've referred to it a few times and it's very helpful. Google 914 fuel lines Ian Karr and you're there.
+Quote Post
Mikey914
post May 18 2023, 04:49 PM
Post #17

The rubber man

Member No.: 3,348
Region Association: None

We have a "Tribal Wiki" that is accessed from the resources tab on the front page.

https://914rubber-tk.com/doku.php?id=fuel_line_installation

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
DennisV
post May 20 2023, 08:39 AM
Post #18

Member No.: 24,575
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(shredtherad @ May 18 2023, 10:30 AM) *

Did you get it complete? How did it go? What were the gotchas?

I'm going to do this on our 914-6 next weekend and have a small window to get it done. Not sure how different the 4 and the 6 are other than the lines themselves.
+Quote Post
shredtherad
post May 22 2023, 08:07 AM
Post #19

QUOTE(Mikey914 @ May 18 2023, 04:49 PM) *

We have a "Tribal Wiki" that is accessed from the resources tab on the front page.

https://914rubber-tk.com/doku.php?id=fuel_line_installation

Cool, I will check this out! Thanks.
+Quote Post
shredtherad
post May 22 2023, 08:08 AM
Post #20

QUOTE(DennisV @ May 20 2023, 08:39 AM) *

QUOTE(shredtherad @ May 18 2023, 10:30 AM) *

Did you get it complete? How did it go? What were the gotchas?

I'm going to do this on our 914-6 next weekend and have a small window to get it done. Not sure how different the 4 and the 6 are other than the lines themselves.

I have it mostly sorted out and will button it up today. I will share my thoughts after.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd May 2024 - 11:39 PM