Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> D-Jet Help - Please, Engine wont go below 3k
Cupomeat
post May 28 2023, 12:25 PM
Post #1

missing my NY 914 in VA

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,376
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Hello 914World, While I answer a lot of questions, I rarely post, BUT I am not well versed in D-Jet. I am having an issue that seems like it should have a simple answer, but so far, I am missing it.
So I am putting back together a 2.0L recently rebuilt for a friend and once I got it all back together, and once it started, the engine won't come down below 3K RPM. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif)

I am assuming this is some kind of Vacuum leak, maybe? It runs strong and smooth at 3K but doesn't go down with closed throttle.

SO, the engine is all new and I need to break in the cam, which, while 3k is probably ok, I'd like to get it sorted before I do that 15 min of 2k RPM.

I've checked all the vacuum lines and connections and see nothing wrong. I am thinking to get a smoke machine, or similar to try to see what I may have missed.

I am an L-Jet Guy with little experience with D-Jet and would LOVE some pointers or suggestions. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/pray.gif)

Thank you in advance and I did do some searches and haven't yet found anything like this.

CupO'Meat!

(the car is a 74 2.0L and I used Jeff Bowlsby's vacuum line diagram to double check)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd May 2024 - 01:38 PM