Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Winter changes, 914/6 GT tribute, more fiberglass...!
Retroracer
post May 29 2023, 04:00 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,100
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Haven't posted for a while so thought I'd share a couple of pics and updates.

- trans was rebuilt by Dr Evil; there was always a whine/drone in 4th and 5th. Now fixed and shifting well.

- while the engine was out I changed the tin for amber fiberglass that I bought used here on the forum. Fettling it to fit took a while, but its in and functional. Also did valve clearances while the engine was out of the car

- downside: the Zenith carbs did not like sitting on a shelf for a few months and are not performing well, 3 of 4 floats were stuck open when I turned the fuel pump on (hey look a gasoline fountain!), which should have been an indicator that they might want a complete flushing / cleaning. OK at high revs but idle is rough and variable. Love modern fuels....

So will be rebuilding these when some of you guys are off WCRing; sorry to miss it this year.

- Tony

Attached Image

Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Retroracer   Winter changes, 914/6 GT tribute   May 29 2023, 04:00 PM
mb911   Looks really nice   May 29 2023, 04:52 PM
SO.O.C914er   Car is so clean looking it’s hard to imagine any...   May 29 2023, 05:20 PM
BillJ   Love it. Stop tempting me!!!!...   May 29 2023, 05:56 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th April 2024 - 08:06 AM