Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Tapping the fuse box for a CHT sensor, Did I get it right?
Chaznaster
post Jun 10 2023, 07:01 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 19,389
Region Association: North East States

Ran the wires for the CHT sensor coming from under #3. It was not as bad as I expected. Also built a bracket to hold the gauge until the dashboard at the center point. That paint is drying.

Researching on this site, I found some good info but would like to double check that I got it right before blowing something up.

I understand that I should pull from the #9 fuse, which is switched, and connect with a spade connector splitter. The connection should be on the bottom row (when the board is installed) of connectors, as that is the "out" side of the block.

Does that all sound right?

Thanks.

User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
bdstone914
post Jun 11 2023, 09:55 AM
Post #2

bdstone914

Member No.: 1,319

Probe it with a multimeter to se that you have voltage with the key on.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
Chaznaster
post Jun 11 2023, 07:16 PM
Post #3

Confirmed #9 was switched with a voltmeter. The bottom spade terminal was the correct one as well.

It works like a charm.
+Quote Post
Literati914
post Aug 27 2023, 10:26 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 7,222
Region Association: Southwest Region

QUOTE(Chaznaster @ Jun 11 2023, 08:16 PM) *

Confirmed #9 was switched with a voltmeter. The bottom spade terminal was the correct one as well.

It works like a charm.

@Chaznaster
Hey Im about to add a CHT gauge as well as an Air/Fuel gauge ..oh and a voltmeter. Did you add a relay for the CHT gauge? If so, can you describe the connection in simple terms? I guess I'll be adding relays for each, and just trying to figure out the process. Maybe it's still fresh in your mind? thanks.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
Chaznaster
post Sep 25 2023, 07:03 PM
Post #5

QUOTE(Literati914 @ Aug 28 2023, 12:26 AM) *

QUOTE(Chaznaster @ Jun 11 2023, 08:16 PM) *

It works like a charm.

@Chaznaster
Hey Im about to add a CHT gauge as well as an Air/Fuel gauge ..oh and a voltmeter. Did you add a relay for the CHT gauge? If so, can you describe the connection in simple terms? I guess I'll be adding relays for each, and just trying to figure out the process. Maybe it's still fresh in your mind? thanks.

Hi @Literati914 . Just saw this. For the CHT power, I simply tapped off from the fuse box. I used one of the switched circuits. That way the sensor turns on when the car is running. Grounded it under the dash and pulled the sensor wire through the channel from the engine compartment. I hope this helps!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 07:08 PM