Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tapping the fuse box for a CHT sensor
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Chaznaster
Ran the wires for the CHT sensor coming from under #3. It was not as bad as I expected. Also built a bracket to hold the gauge until the dashboard at the center point. That paint is drying.

Researching on this site, I found some good info but would like to double check that I got it right before blowing something up.

I understand that I should pull from the #9 fuse, which is switched, and connect with a spade connector splitter. The connection should be on the bottom row (when the board is installed) of connectors, as that is the "out" side of the block.

Does that all sound right?

Thanks.

bdstone914
Probe it with a multimeter to se that you have voltage with the key on.
Chaznaster
Confirmed #9 was switched with a voltmeter. The bottom spade terminal was the correct one as well.

It works like a charm.
Literati914
QUOTE(Chaznaster @ Jun 11 2023, 08:16 PM) *

Confirmed #9 was switched with a voltmeter. The bottom spade terminal was the correct one as well.

It works like a charm.

@Chaznaster
Hey Im about to add a CHT gauge as well as an Air/Fuel gauge ..oh and a voltmeter. Did you add a relay for the CHT gauge? If so, can you describe the connection in simple terms? I guess I'll be adding relays for each, and just trying to figure out the process. Maybe it's still fresh in your mind? thanks.

Chaznaster
QUOTE(Literati914 @ Aug 28 2023, 12:26 AM) *

QUOTE(Chaznaster @ Jun 11 2023, 08:16 PM) *

It works like a charm.

@Chaznaster
Hey Im about to add a CHT gauge as well as an Air/Fuel gauge ..oh and a voltmeter. Did you add a relay for the CHT gauge? If so, can you describe the connection in simple terms? I guess I'll be adding relays for each, and just trying to figure out the process. Maybe it's still fresh in your mind? thanks.

Hi @Literati914 . Just saw this. For the CHT power, I simply tapped off from the fuse box. I used one of the switched circuits. That way the sensor turns on when the car is running. Grounded it under the dash and pulled the sensor wire through the channel from the engine compartment. I hope this helps!

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.