Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Trunk Release Solenoid Stopped Working, how can I get in? - tops's in there!
Craigers17
post Jun 12 2023, 04:44 PM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 21,317
Region Association: South East States

The wheel part is probably overkill, but the angle of the pull is weird so I wanted it to pull smoothly. Eventually I'll shrink wrap the black taped part. I have a Porsche reflector, but no solenoid. This pull works fine, and is hidden unless you get up under the car.

Attached Image

Attached Image

User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ClayPerrine
post Jun 13 2023, 07:34 AM
Post #22

Life's been good to me so far.....

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,143
Region Association: NineFourteenerVille

Personally, I don't like the rear reflectors. To me, they don't fit the spirit of a 914.

But if I were going to do one, I would put a tube from the latch around into the engine compartment, and put a knob on there like the one on the engine lid release. To get in the rear trunk, open the engine compartment and pull the knob for the rear trunk. Use the parts from the front trunk of a donor car and you can lock the trunk too.

No fooling around with a stainless steel wire that has spent hours hanging next to the hot exhaust. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/pinch.gif)

User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
Shivers
post Jun 13 2023, 11:09 AM
Post #23

Member No.: 24,781
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Jun 13 2023, 06:34 AM) *

Personally, I don't like the rear reflectors. To me, they don't fit the spirit of a 914.

But if I were going to do one, I would put a tube from the latch around into the engine compartment, and put a knob on there like the one on the engine lid release. To get in the rear trunk, open the engine compartment and pull the knob for the rear trunk. Use the parts from the front trunk of a donor car and you can lock the trunk too.

No fooling around with a stainless steel wire that has spent hours hanging next to the hot exhaust. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/pinch.gif)

Attached Image

Not a fan of the reflector either, but to each his own. I do like the idea of the emergency
trunk release in the engine compartment. I will eyeball that for a bit.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
Craigers17
post Jun 13 2023, 04:24 PM
Post #24

Member No.: 21,317
Region Association: South East States

Delete
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st May 2024 - 10:32 PM