Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 123 Distributor Curves, What curves did you program?
gonzo54
post Jun 19 2023, 07:39 AM
Post #1

Orange Crush

Group: Members
Member No.: 23,112
Region Association: Southern California

I purchased the 123 Bluetooth Distributor 4-R-V-Poe-IE and have been adjusting the curve for a 2056 build, mild Webcam and stock D Jet system. Just wondering what others have set their Centrifugal Curve at? Should the Static Advance be at 0 degrees, what are your different points on the Centrifical Curve page and did you program the Vacuum Advance (MAP Curve) or disable it?

Thanks in advance-Rick

Attached Image Attached ImageAttached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mgphoto
post Jun 19 2023, 12:39 PM
Post #2

"If there is a mistake it will find me"

Member No.: 10,225

My “curve” starts at 7.5 degrees and spans 500 rpm to 1500 rpm, flat line across low rpm’s, this makes the idle very steady, then straight line up to 26 degrees at 3500 rpm then flat line to 8000 rpm.
Nothing else is needed, 3 points total.
I use the vacuum only to monitor the engine vacuum, I flat line that, don’t need the pollution control of the vacuum retard. I’m happy with how my engine runs.
+Quote Post
gonzo54
post Jun 19 2023, 04:28 PM
Post #3

Orange Crush

QUOTE(mgphoto @ Jun 19 2023, 11:39 AM) *

My “curve” starts at 7.5 degrees and spans 500 rpm to 1500 rpm, flat line across low rpm’s, this makes the idle very steady, then straight line up to 26 degrees at 3500 rpm then flat line to 8000 rpm.
I use the vacuum only to monitor the engine vacuum, I flat line that, don’t need the pollution control of the vacuum retard. I’m happy with how my engine runs.

Thanks for the input @mgphoto , are you running this on a stock DJet?
+Quote Post
gonzo54
post Jun 20 2023, 07:45 AM
Post #4

Orange Crush

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon_bump.gif)
+Quote Post
JamesM
post Jun 20 2023, 03:33 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 5,834
Region Association: Intermountain Region

Idle somewhere around 5-12 adv depending on what makes the motor happiest.

Quick ramp to 28adv all in, usually around 2800-3000

the curve you have posted is retarded from 3000 RPM up, assuming the dizzy is statically timed to 0.
+Quote Post
JamesM
post Jun 20 2023, 03:39 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 5,834
Region Association: Intermountain Region

Just noticed you mentioned d-jet.

May be a bit more finicky to dial in part load areas with a manual curve as the advance will impact vacuum on the MPS which then impacts your mixture, be easiest to just mirror a factory curve. either way though, should be full advance (~27deg for factory) by and over 3k
+Quote Post
914_teener
post Jun 20 2023, 06:32 PM
Post #7

914 Guru

Member No.: 9,489

QUOTE(gonzo54 @ Jun 19 2023, 06:39 AM) *

I purchased the 123 Bluetooth Distributor 4-R-V-Poe-IE and have been adjusting the curve for a 2056 build, mild Webcam and stock D Jet system. Just wondering what others have set their Centrifugal Curve at? Should the Static Advance be at 0 degrees, what are your different points on the Centrifical Curve page and did you program the Vacuum Advance (MAP Curve) or disable it?

Thanks in advance-Rick

?

I think the IE is the hard mapped 123 is it not or what they call "switched'?

If you are using the swithed version then you run the static timing setup per the chart that comes with the dizzy. You will find that depending on the cam the static timing will have to be slightly advanced because the chart is based on a stock cam. You should definately use the vaccum advance with PORTED vaccum signal and set and forget once your mixture is checked with a wide band. Using the ported vaccum solves the part load issue James is talking about.

I set up my car doing the above...it ran flawlessly however that 123 was a switched version and not the Bluetooth version.

I've never set up the other type of dizzy for D-jet so......think you should just call them to resovle your questions if you still have them.

+Quote Post
gonzo54
post Jun 20 2023, 07:29 PM
Post #8

Orange Crush

QUOTE(914_teener @ Jun 20 2023, 05:32 PM) *

QUOTE(gonzo54 @ Jun 19 2023, 06:39 AM) *

Thanks in advance-Rick

?

I think the IE is the hard mapped 123 is it not or what they call "switched'?

If you are using the swithed version then you run the static timing setup per the chart that comes with the dizzy. You will find that depending on the cam the static timing will have to be slightly advanced because the chart is based on a stock cam. You should definately use the vaccum advance with PORTED vaccum signal and set and forget once your mixture is checked with a wide band. Using the ported vaccum solves the part load issue James is talking about.

I set up my car doing the above...it ran flawlessly however that 123 was a switched version and not the Bluetooth version.

I've never set up the other type of dizzy for D-jet so......think you should just call them to resovle your questions if you still have them.

Thank yoiu @914_teener . I have the bluetooth dizzy and had a little learning curve initially - really appreciate the iinput and recommendations from the group.
+Quote Post
mgphoto
post Jun 20 2023, 07:59 PM
Post #9

"If there is a mistake it will find me"

Member No.: 10,225

QUOTE(gonzo54 @ Jun 19 2023, 03:28 PM) *

QUOTE(mgphoto @ Jun 19 2023, 11:39 AM) *

Thanks for the input @mgphoto , are you running this on a stock DJet?

Yes stock D-Jet, using Tangerine’s MPS kit, my setup is 95mm bore 71mm stroke with a CR of 8.4, Type 4 Store cam, lifter and pushrods cut to size.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th May 2024 - 02:36 PM