Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Restoration Progress?, Screwed up paint job!
Porsche Rescue
post Aug 15 2005, 06:07 PM
Post #21

Saving and Enjoying Old Porsches

Group: Members
Member No.: 64
Region Association: None

The first question is: Was this done by a professional in a commercial shop? If so, take it back and ask that it be repainted properly. You should get what you paid for, a professional paint job.
If however, this was done by an amateur friend or aquaintance at a bargain price, you have a different sort of problem. I would show him the mis-match and offer to work with him to get it right. Maybe pay all or part of the additional material needed for example. Simply making demands is not likely to get you very far. Unfortunately, you get what you pay for in this case as well.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
MecGen
post Aug 15 2005, 06:10 PM
Post #22

8 Easy Steps

Member No.: 3,421

Well
All is not lost...a quick ruff up and a COMPLETE shoot, should fix it nicely.

My first question is how much did you pay ? either too much or not anough.

Later
+Quote Post
scotty b
post Aug 15 2005, 06:11 PM
Post #23

rust free you say ?

Member No.: 3,419

I routinely paint the panels off of the car BUT I do them in the booth, with the car. There is no excuse in the panels being painted on different days. NONE. I have never seen a real paint booth that would not fit a 914 and the seperate panels, yes it will be cramped but it avoids this very problem. I have a CRX at the shop right now that my bosses friend wants repainted. His previous painter decided to take some "liberty" and added some flame to the front of the car. The idiot shot the car red THEN taped off the front clip, shot it (the whole clip) black, taped out the flames, shot the silver flames, then taped out a second set and shot the red at the rear of the hood/fenders. Now the car is two drastically different shades of red. Just because a guy CAN shoot paint, doesn't mean he should (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/owned.gif)
+Quote Post
turtleman
post Aug 15 2005, 09:31 PM
Post #24

Member No.: 4,183

Sorry about the paint job, the body sure looks nice. Perhaps you should post the guys name and work telephone number. After he receives fifty or so phone calls from us suggesting he should have you bring it back so he can do it right, he might do it.

You could also tell him he will sleep better at night knowing his reputation is not destroyed. If he makes a quip about that you can give us his home phone number!!! Then he would realize he really would sleep better at night. hehehe

Chip
+Quote Post
John
post Aug 15 2005, 11:04 PM
Post #25

member? what's a member?

Member No.: 1,615

Sorry for my language, but that is a BULLSHIT paint job.

Your painter should repaint at no charge.

The paint should match no matter what. I'm just sorry that you recieved the car in that condition. I would have shot pics at his location and not accepted the car.

They would be respraying it if it was me. (But that's part of why I paint my own cars)

Did you want that dark of a shade of yellow? None of it really looks the right color. (it may be the digital pic)

Did they stir the paint? It doesn't look like they put the crack pipe down long enough to mix the paint well.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th May 2024 - 05:09 PM