Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 2270 Engine Questions, Crank and Rods
yeahmag
post Jun 23 2023, 12:34 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,946
Region Association: Southern California

I'm getting close to having all the parts for the 2270 build, but have a few questions:
  • Crank brand: DPR, Scat, or AA? AA and Scat are new forgings but cost a bit more than the DPR crank. DPR is well respected in these parts.
  • Crank size: Seem like a shame to leave it at a 2270 (78mm) when I could go up to a 2316 (80mm). Chevy journals.
  • Rod length and type: Planning on 5.325" and Chevy journals for both clearance and the better bearing availability. Can I go longer for a better rod angle?
  • Rod brand: Anyone have a preference? They all seem to be in the $400 range these days.

This will be primarily an autocross engine with some weekend drives. I also drive to events. The engine needs to be able to spin to at least 7500RPM even if it's not making power up there.

Here's the rest of the config (all of these parts are in hand):
  • JE 96mm pistons with AA barrels
  • Type 4 Store 9550 cam (86b/86c variant)
  • Set of beautiful Finch heads I scored from Len Hoffman years ago
  • Tangerine Racing 1.75" header
  • 48 Dellorto Carbs with a 38mm vent (probably need to go to a 40mm vent)
  • Dry sumped (either CB or ideally TP)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 02:17 PM