Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> After 7 months of assembly and finally getting it licensed..., taking a couple steps back
Type 47
post Jul 17 2023, 08:01 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,790
Region Association: None

Attached Image
Attached Image

She sat in boxes, the engine on a shelf, and the car on my lift for 10 years.

The thinking was to put the 2.0 original to the car back in, which has 62k miles on it. We had mega tuning issues, so when no progress was made I took it to a very well known Porsche shop here in the St. Louis area.

It turns out that letting the engine sit for 10 years was not a great idea and it looks like there is at least a valve train issue.

So, once again I'm looking for advise. And, just for the record, this car would not have gone from boxes to license plates without the help of so many of you on this forum!

I'm going to go pick up the car after they complete a 4 wheel alignment and then figure out (with your help) what to do next.

I'm definitely going to rebuild an engine.

What are my options????

behind door #1 in the original 2.0 engine that's in the car. GC000243, an early 75' that matches the time of assembly for the car, which was 8/27/1974. Originality is not a concern for this car...at least not now.

behind door # 2 is a long block, GA006291, that was sitting next to the GC engine on the shelf; also a 2.0.

behind door # 3 is 1.8, EC031289, which may have had a bid bore kit put on it at some point in it's life.

I'm leaning towards rebuilding the GA engine.

At this point, I just want the car to be a reliable driver. Go to some PCA events, car shows, and top off drives.

This car will never be autoX'd. I have a 600hp track car that I've put nearly 15k track miles on 13 different tracks over the last 20 years. Need for speed: check.

so should I build a 2056 or just do a rebuild????
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 07:59 PM