Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Brake reservoir to master lines, rigid lines
ghettojet
post Aug 4 2023, 11:20 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 26,409
Region Association: North East States

Hi,
i know there are tons of posts about this subject but I'd just like to offer my experience.
My car was a total engine out and apart stripped body even wiring harness out basket case when i got it luckily for free. . . .
Anyway I'm down to doing the brakes on the car.Master is shot so i get new one,it had the steel washers in it under the grommets.Fluid resevoir was cracked so found a new one.So there were also the remnants of some sort of hard plastic lines crumbling and deteriorated that went from reservoir to master cyl.So those are NLA as far as I could tell
but I did find at one vender short 90 degree steel feeder tubes that press into grommets
on master C.Then i get a length of brake fluid rated rubber hose,red actually not blue from another vendor and at this point figure i should be good to go.
Wrong.
seat feeder tubes,bleed master,bleed brakes.awesome!
Until morning puddle of brake fluid on floor.
Pull master check everything.Appears to be bad sealing point where feeder tubes are seating on the nifty little washers in the master.Weird.
re-install very carefully and i noticed because there was some fluid in my bench bled MC and that the slight
side load or actually pulling up on the feeder tubes is breaking the seal from feeder to steel washer
this seal was already starting to weep fluid The MC isn't even in position yet.
I've decided to make my own feeder tubes that I'm going to bend slightly so they follow the firewall through the pass through hole without the weird 90 degree bend that is causing the leak.
Once my new feeders are through the firewall I'll continue with red flexible brake fluid line to the the reservoir.
I'll post if it works
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 04:07 PM