Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

18 Pages V « < 16 17 18  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Contracted 914 fever— is this the car to cure it?, What do you think of this ‘73 914 2.0 on Bat— pass or play?
FlacaProductions
post Apr 4 2024, 06:56 PM
Post #341

Group: Members
Member No.: 21,628
Region Association: Southern California

Curious - I actually emailed LN (because I thought the description was unclear) and "Stephen" specifically said that "According to the Porsche PET, your 914 should use the 12 x 1.5 plug"

https://lnengineering.com/billet-stainless-...21101195ln.html
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
trylon
post Apr 4 2024, 08:36 PM
Post #342

Member No.: 27,514
Region Association: North East States

QUOTE(FlacaProductions @ Apr 4 2024, 08:56 PM) *

Curious - I actually emailed LN (because I thought the description was unclear) and "Stephen" specifically said that "According to the Porsche PET, your 914 should use the 12 x 1.5 plug"

https://lnengineering.com/billet-stainless-...21101195ln.html

Wow, thanks for doing the research!

So, first, let’s agree that ‘fit’ means I should be able to get the plug in using my fingers more than just the first couple of threads. I am sure I could have put a wrench on it and forced it in further, but…

So there is a tale out there in the carriage barn that we are about to uncover. Tomorrow I will check the number on the block and see where it begins.
+Quote Post
trylon
post Apr 5 2024, 09:40 AM
Post #343

Member No.: 27,514
Region Association: North East States

Well, let me nip this in the bud before it takes up any more bandwidth.

Went back under the car and tried putting in the plug that was there. It has exactly the same feeling haha! So I was just wimpin’ out, frightened because I was screwing into the block.

Used a wrench to drive it in (no great effort required), torqued up to 16 ft/lbs easily, new copper washer in place.

Attached Image
Getting oil to put in today.

There are so many things I would still like to do under the car but I have PCA obligations coming up and do not want to start something that I might not be able to finish. Clearly moved the car in the positive direction this off-season!

Putting the wheels back on.
Is it really the case that these lightweight bolts need to be torqued to 94 ft/lbs?

Attached Image

Attached Image
+Quote Post

18 Pages V « < 16 17 18
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd May 2024 - 02:32 AM