Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Which Springs would you intall?, The never ending BB take apart/redo continues
jhynesrockmtn
post Aug 23 2023, 06:41 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 20,100
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

I am refreshing the rear suspension on my BB. Yet another project I hadn't really planned on but here we are.

I now have everything I need to reinstall the rear trailing arms and shocks. The arms got painted new bushings and bearings (thanks @iankarr and 914rubber). New Koni sports from Paragon (thanks Jason), PMB rebuilt brake calipers (thanks Eric).

I found some new/old Weltmeister SP100's in a box of parts a PO had bought for another project car I have. See the photos. The only mark on the springs that came off the BB are a redish paint on each coil. The car did sit lower than stock by my eye. See photo. I don't know much about the SP100 but they do look pretty :-)

Would you go all the way and install the "new" springs. I realize 100lbs are stiffer than stock. I could always go back if I don't like the ride. The koni's aren't full coil overs but have a bit of ride height adjustment. The middle clip position matches the old Koni shocks I removed. The springs do sit 2 to 3 mm taller with no compression.

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th May 2024 - 01:02 PM