Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Which Springs would you intall?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jhynesrockmtn
I am refreshing the rear suspension on my BB. Yet another project I hadn't really planned on but here we are.

I now have everything I need to reinstall the rear trailing arms and shocks. The arms got painted new bushings and bearings (thanks @iankarr and 914rubber). New Koni sports from Paragon (thanks Jason), PMB rebuilt brake calipers (thanks Eric).

I found some new/old Weltmeister SP100's in a box of parts a PO had bought for another project car I have. See the photos. The only mark on the springs that came off the BB are a redish paint on each coil. The car did sit lower than stock by my eye. See photo. I don't know much about the SP100 but they do look pretty :-)

Would you go all the way and install the "new" springs. I realize 100lbs are stiffer than stock. I could always go back if I don't like the ride. The koni's aren't full coil overs but have a bit of ride height adjustment. The middle clip position matches the old Koni shocks I removed. The springs do sit 2 to 3 mm taller with no compression.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

914werke
Id run um smile.gif
914Sixer
Old school Orange Koni, 100 # springs
Front yard mechanic
Use the new shocks and the sp100s and move the clip down
scallyk9
When I redid the rear suspension on my BB, I used the very same Weltmeister 100# springs but went to Bilstein shocks because they would have been available as an option.

My '74 3.2L conversion does have the yellow adjustable Koni's however but a much higher spring rate other changes won't allow me to make a valid comparison.

The 100# rear springs on my BB did not really affect the "feel" ride but I do feel they were a benefit. That car is set front and rear at stock ride height. I wouldn't hesitate to use them.
rfinegan
New Springs for sure, unless its concourse judged
Shivers
I have the 140 lbs on my car, the 100’s should be nice for play and still have some give.
Root_Werks
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Aug 23 2023, 07:01 PM) *

Old school Orange Koni, 100 # springs

agree.gif

I'm running this combo on a 914-6 and really like it for street driving. Granted a 914-6 will be a little heavier, but would think it will still be a good street combo for most 914's.

I turned my Koni's 1-turn less than full dampen.

driving.gif
windforfun
100 lb Weltmeisters.

beer3.gif beer3.gif beer3.gif
CCE
I installed the 914rubber springs 100Lb, with Bilsteins B6 and they work perfect! Firm but not to a discomfort level. And Mexico streets are I can testify the worst all over, I also don't have stabilizer bars, which may also come to affect ride (wish I did).

Click to view attachment
Mikey914
100lb is the way to go. We have a 140progressive160 if you are driving more agressive, but if you do that, Bilstiens are the way to go.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.