Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> I need some assistance.., A light just turned on in my Dashboard
CCE
post Sep 8 2023, 11:42 PM
Post #21

CCE

Group: Members
Member No.: 26,203
Region Association: NineFourteenerVille

I finally decided to tighten the belt today, after a hard complicated (for me) tin removal, tighten the belt slightly, and it worked fine, no slipping band. But the light was still on, so I verified the regulator… Which sits on top, I installed a dust cap on the relay box some weeks ago, and maybe it has some small short in the base, the lamp shut down after reviewed the regulator.

I think I need to think on how to refurbish the relay box, the underside is cracked and the black material disintegrating

I will reassembly all tomorrow, and try to look for a best solution for the relay base
It will stay without the cap meanwhile. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/hissyfit.gif)

The underside of the board has seen better days.

But the light is gone now.
Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Spoke
post Sep 10 2023, 12:19 PM
Post #22

Jerry

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,031
Region Association: None

The power connector from the cabin does not have the connector that separates, holds, and protects the contacts. Be very careful around this connector as some of those wires come directly from the battery w/o a fuse.

That connector should have a fixture like the one at the bottom of the picture going to the engine.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th June 2024 - 11:46 AM