Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What’s the current Bumblebee market?
billh1963
post Sep 6 2023, 08:26 AM
Post #1

Car Hoarder!

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,871
Region Association: South East States

Anyone have a feel for the current Bumblebee market? I’m thinking about listing mine for sale again but don’t have any idea where the market is on these cars. Here’s a link to my old ad to give you an idea of the car’s condition.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...mp;hl=Bumblebee

All input is appreciated!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
DRPHIL914
post Sep 6 2023, 09:03 AM
Post #2

Dr. Phil

Member No.: 11,106

QUOTE(billh1963 @ Sep 6 2023, 10:26 AM) *

Anyone have a feel for the current Bumblebee market? I’m thinking about listing mine for sale again but don’t have any idea where the market is on these cars. Here’s a link to my old ad to give you an idea of the car’s condition.

@billh1963

Bill, i have heard there is quite "buzz" of activity regarding these rare cars but you can get a "honey" of a deal as the market has cooled off recently, but you have to ''Bee" careful not to get "stung" with a rusty tub, i know that car of yours could pull a good price if you just did a bit of work to it, fairly rust free if i recall correctly. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/bye1.gif)
+Quote Post
mrholland2
post Sep 6 2023, 09:16 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 13,531
Region Association: Central California

QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Sep 6 2023, 08:03 AM) *

@billh1963

Bill, i have heard there is quite "buzz" of activity regarding these rare cars but you can get a "honey" of a deal as the market has cooled off recently, but you have to ''Bee" careful not to get "stung" with a rusty tub, i know that car of yours could pull a good price if you just did a bit of work to it, fairly rust free if i recall correctly. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Yes, perhaps if he "combs" through some sites with bumblebees for sale he might find a daily driver and trailer "queen" to compare prices with. I'll end now so I don't "drone" on and get "busy" with my day as a "worker"
+Quote Post
billh1963
post Sep 6 2023, 09:25 AM
Post #4

Car Hoarder!

You guys have too much time on your hands! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
DRPHIL914
post Sep 6 2023, 09:29 AM
Post #5

Dr. Phil

Member No.: 11,106

QUOTE(mrholland2 @ Sep 6 2023, 11:16 AM) *

QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Sep 6 2023, 08:03 AM) *

@billh1963

Yes, perhaps if he "combs" through some sites with bumblebees for sale he might find a daily driver and trailer "queen" to compare prices with. I'll end now so I don't "drone" on and get "busy" with my day as a "worker"
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Sep 6 2023, 11:25 AM) *

You guys have too much time on your hands! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif)

you did say ALL input would be appreciated
+Quote Post
JeffBowlsby
post Sep 6 2023, 09:49 AM
Post #6

914 Wiring Harnesses

Member No.: 104
Region Association: None

Condition/originality is king. Price it like a non-LE in terms of its condition and add 10-20% for the LE factor, to the right buyer. A COA/PPS is critical to prove provenance. A correct factory front spoiler adds significant value. No COA/PPS? Then its value is no greater than a non-LE in the same condition, as there are fake LE's and white/black cars within the VIN range that are not legit LE's (these are indicated on the LE Registry where known).

Pristine, low mile, original paint, etc. adds more value.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
billh1963
post Sep 6 2023, 09:56 AM
Post #7

Car Hoarder!

QUOTE(JeffBowlsby @ Sep 6 2023, 11:49 AM) *

Condition/originality is king. Price it like a non-LE in terms of its condition and add 10-20% for the LE factor, to the right buyer. A COA/PPS is critical to prove provenance. A correct factory front spoiler adds significant value. No COA/PPS? Then its value is no greater than a non-LE in the same condition, as there are fake LE's and white/black cars within the VIN range that are not legit LE's (these are indicated on the LE Registry where known).

Pristine, low mile, original paint, etc. adds more value.

This is a real LE per PPS. Motor is not correct…. Serial number is close but not correct one. 60%+ of paint is original. No spoiler, though. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)
+Quote Post
mepstein
post Sep 6 2023, 10:02 AM
Post #8

914-6 GT in waiting

Member No.: 10,825
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

My personal opinion that in unrestored condition, it’s worth $5-10k more than a similar car.
+Quote Post
Rusty
post Sep 6 2023, 10:49 AM
Post #9

Wanted: Engine case GA003709

Group: Admin
Member No.: 6
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

It's always good to check the hive mind on such topics...
+Quote Post
dr914@autoatlanta.com
post Sep 6 2023, 10:49 AM
Post #10

914 Guru

Member No.: 7,418

the limited edition was the only "special" 914 model offered in the six years of production. For example the 911 has had many different special models over the years.
Plus with only 500 of each made, quite rare (people HATED the contrasting colors when new on the dealer lot, and many were blacked out before being delivered new!!! Nothing is more exciting than to "discover" one of these hiding under overpaint after many years!
Therefore, the limited editions are the most valuable of all of the four cylinder cars and will be a future "iconic" collectible. If you can afford to hold on to it, I would.
Currently, depending on the condition, a complete limited edition parts car is worth 12 thousand, and a perfect low mile (less than 10 thousand miles) original paint car 100,000. We have the Matsuda limited edition here in our display area, and althouggh it is not perfect, is valued at $76,000

QUOTE(billh1963 @ Sep 6 2023, 07:26 AM) *

+Quote Post
914werke
post Sep 6 2023, 10:58 AM
Post #11

"I got blisters on me fingers"

Member No.: 453
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

What's "the Matsuda"?
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post Sep 6 2023, 11:05 AM
Post #12

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

Japanese market car. Google it.
+Quote Post
914sgofast2
post Sep 6 2023, 11:52 AM
Post #13

Member No.: 15,855

QUOTE(914werke @ Sep 6 2023, 09:58 AM) *

What's "the Matsuda"?

Presumably from the famous Matsuda Car Collection in Japan. Mr. Matsuda was quite a car collector with taste.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th May 2024 - 02:04 PM