Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What’s the current Bumblebee market?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
billh1963
Anyone have a feel for the current Bumblebee market? I’m thinking about listing mine for sale again but don’t have any idea where the market is on these cars. Here’s a link to my old ad to give you an idea of the car’s condition.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...mp;hl=Bumblebee

All input is appreciated!
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Sep 6 2023, 10:26 AM) *

Anyone have a feel for the current Bumblebee market? I’m thinking about listing mine for sale again but don’t have any idea where the market is on these cars. Here’s a link to my old ad to give you an idea of the car’s condition.

@billh1963

Bill, i have heard there is quite "buzz" of activity regarding these rare cars but you can get a "honey" of a deal as the market has cooled off recently, but you have to ''Bee" careful not to get "stung" with a rusty tub, i know that car of yours could pull a good price if you just did a bit of work to it, fairly rust free if i recall correctly. biggrin.gif
bye1.gif
mrholland2
QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Sep 6 2023, 08:03 AM) *

@billh1963

Bill, i have heard there is quite "buzz" of activity regarding these rare cars but you can get a "honey" of a deal as the market has cooled off recently, but you have to ''Bee" careful not to get "stung" with a rusty tub, i know that car of yours could pull a good price if you just did a bit of work to it, fairly rust free if i recall correctly. biggrin.gif
bye1.gif

Yes, perhaps if he "combs" through some sites with bumblebees for sale he might find a daily driver and trailer "queen" to compare prices with. I'll end now so I don't "drone" on and get "busy" with my day as a "worker"
billh1963
You guys have too much time on your hands! biggrin.gif
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(mrholland2 @ Sep 6 2023, 11:16 AM) *

QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Sep 6 2023, 08:03 AM) *

@billh1963

bye1.gif

Yes, perhaps if he "combs" through some sites with bumblebees for sale he might find a daily driver and trailer "queen" to compare prices with. I'll end now so I don't "drone" on and get "busy" with my day as a "worker"
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Sep 6 2023, 11:25 AM) *

You guys have too much time on your hands! biggrin.gif

lol-2.gif

you did say ALL input would be appreciated
JeffBowlsby
Condition/originality is king. Price it like a non-LE in terms of its condition and add 10-20% for the LE factor, to the right buyer. A COA/PPS is critical to prove provenance. A correct factory front spoiler adds significant value. No COA/PPS? Then its value is no greater than a non-LE in the same condition, as there are fake LE's and white/black cars within the VIN range that are not legit LE's (these are indicated on the LE Registry where known).

Pristine, low mile, original paint, etc. adds more value.
billh1963
QUOTE(JeffBowlsby @ Sep 6 2023, 11:49 AM) *

Condition/originality is king. Price it like a non-LE in terms of its condition and add 10-20% for the LE factor, to the right buyer. A COA/PPS is critical to prove provenance. A correct factory front spoiler adds significant value. No COA/PPS? Then its value is no greater than a non-LE in the same condition, as there are fake LE's and white/black cars within the VIN range that are not legit LE's (these are indicated on the LE Registry where known).

Pristine, low mile, original paint, etc. adds more value.

This is a real LE per PPS. Motor is not correct…. Serial number is close but not correct one. 60%+ of paint is original. No spoiler, though. dry.gif
mepstein
My personal opinion that in unrestored condition, it’s worth $5-10k more than a similar car.
Rusty
It's always good to check the hive mind on such topics...
dr914@autoatlanta.com
the limited edition was the only "special" 914 model offered in the six years of production. For example the 911 has had many different special models over the years.
Plus with only 500 of each made, quite rare (people HATED the contrasting colors when new on the dealer lot, and many were blacked out before being delivered new!!! Nothing is more exciting than to "discover" one of these hiding under overpaint after many years!
Therefore, the limited editions are the most valuable of all of the four cylinder cars and will be a future "iconic" collectible. If you can afford to hold on to it, I would.
Currently, depending on the condition, a complete limited edition parts car is worth 12 thousand, and a perfect low mile (less than 10 thousand miles) original paint car 100,000. We have the Matsuda limited edition here in our display area, and althouggh it is not perfect, is valued at $76,000

QUOTE(billh1963 @ Sep 6 2023, 07:26 AM) *

914werke
What's "the Matsuda"?
rhodyguy
Japanese market car. Google it.
914sgofast2
QUOTE(914werke @ Sep 6 2023, 09:58 AM) *

What's "the Matsuda"?

Presumably from the famous Matsuda Car Collection in Japan. Mr. Matsuda was quite a car collector with taste.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.