Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What's in your rocker panel?
SKL1
post Sep 20 2023, 01:06 PM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,732
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Not surprised. When I first got my '71 it was my only car and I had to drive it in the IA winter. I took them off several times every winter to clean everything out. Guess it helped, as I'm still driving it 52+ years later. But it's not my only car anymore! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
930cabman
post Sep 21 2023, 05:41 AM
Post #22

Advanced Member

Member No.: 24,877
Region Association: North East States

QUOTE(SKL1 @ Sep 20 2023, 01:06 PM) *

Not surprised. When I first got my '71 it was my only car and I had to drive it in the IA winter. I took them off several times every winter to clean everything out. Guess it helped, as I'm still driving it 52+ years later. But it's not my only car anymore! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Just goes to show, a bit of basic maintenance does make the difference. I'm sure the "original owner car" is also in great shape.

A couple years ago I was looking at a potential project, I asked the seller if I could remove the rockers to inspect, when the screws came out easily and very little debris was in the cavity, I jumped on her.

Still can't believe the OP with the "debris" collection. How/where was this guy driving?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
Front yard mechanic
post Sep 21 2023, 06:20 AM
Post #23

Member No.: 18,984
Region Association: None

QUOTE(emerygt350 @ Sep 16 2023, 02:03 PM) *

Man I hate having to do this every year. I need to make a crap guard. I don't think my rocker panels are stock due to the chalon.

The tire snakes were a fun surprise.

Pan that for gold
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th June 2024 - 10:57 AM