Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Installing the Main Targa Seal, found an easy way
76-914
post Sep 20 2023, 06:48 PM
Post #1

Repeat Offender & Resident Subaru Antagonist

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,964
Region Association: Southern California

First off, I think anyone that has installed one of these should get a Medal or at least a Merit Badge. I watched the only 2 videos I could find and the 914rubber video clued me in on the trim tool and liquid soap. I tried doing it like Matt suggested but was only able to get about 2-3 inches installed. Even that little bit of success was a eureka moment. After this I thought my arms were going to fall off so I adjourned for the evening. I was convinced that I needed to maintain constant pressure on the seal when installing so this is what I used and DAMN it made my install easy. As in 20 minutes per side.

Good old Zip Ties

Attached Image

And Bob's you uncle

Attached Image

But you'll need a tool to pull the ties tight enough to work. I broke a few but soon figured out how much force to use. Start at the top and work your way down. As you get the seal in partly re-tighten the ties, rinse and repeat until seated. Work a 2-3 inch section at a time.

Trim tool - use a rag on the end so it doesn't dig into your hand; liquid soap and Zip Tie tool.

Attached Image

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd May 2024 - 01:04 AM