Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Side shift fork adjustment help, 901 rebuild
jarred
post Nov 30 2023, 05:35 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,159
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Hi. Going through a 901 box in my '75. I have a manual that spells out different clearances between the shift forks for the side and tail shift. For the tail shift the forks are supposed to be gapped to 0.080". By this I mean after the forks are set so the sliders are in the middle of their motion, the portion of the shift rod that the shift combs engage are supposed to be setup so they are 0.080" apart. The manual then goes on to say the later side shift boxes have the distance between the 1st-R rod and 2nd-3rd set at 0.08" and the gap for 4th-5th rod set to 0.120". Problem is I don't see this in the official workshop manual and all of the info and vids on a 901 box rebuild have to do with tail shifters. I actually own the Dr. Evil DVD's but when he sent them to me 10 years ago they were in some format not native to current windows, so i don't know if he addresses this or not. I've looked all over, any guidance appreciated.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th May 2024 - 04:41 PM