Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> OT- Holiday Thoughts, Celebrating the holidays with my friends
ClayPerrine
post Dec 22 2023, 11:46 AM
Post #1

Life's been good to me so far.....

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,143
Region Association: NineFourteenerVille

As 2023 comes to a close, I think back at all of the years we (the 914 community) have been together on this site. I have been involved with 914s since 1985, and this place is something special.

Through this site, I have made hundreds of friends that share the same passion for these little cars as Betty and I do. Some of you I know very well, some of you I have met only once or a few times. And some of you I have never met in person. But you are all my friends (Yes, even you T.C. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) ).

I am extremely grateful for this place, and for the friendship and camaraderie found here. This site encompasses all that is good about car culture, and emphasizes how the rest of the world should work. We are able to set aside petty differences and focus on what is really important (914s).

I also think back to those friends we have lost in the past. I hope that wherever they are, they know we think of them and miss them.

To everyone on here, whether you are a newbie, or an old fart like me, I wish you Happy Holidays (I would go into details, but then I would have to give myself a timeout for violating the no religion rule).

May your 914 run beautifully in the new year, and may the tinworm always be kept at bay.
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 19)
technicalninja
post Dec 22 2023, 01:23 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 27,135
Region Association: Southwest Region

I second that toast!

This is the best car forum I've joined.

Even the beginners are great!

On all of my other forums I first check a poster's vitals as it appears to be useless to help a 19-year-old kid. Nothing but useless arguments...

No so here. I've NEVER checked a poster's age on this site.

Happy to be here as well, appreciative of the site.

Happy Holidays to ya'll gear heads...
+Quote Post
jim_hoyland
post Dec 22 2023, 02:13 PM
Post #3

Get that VIN ?

Member No.: 643
Region Association: Southern California

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) Amen Clay, well said. My feelings too
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
jhynesrockmtn
post Dec 22 2023, 02:21 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 20,100
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

This place has been so great for a relative newbie to 914s like me. I couldn't have refreshed this car to enable it's trip to Rennsport without the wisdom of the crew here.

Attached Image

From my family to yours, Happy Holidays!

Attached Image

+Quote Post
Jamie
post Dec 22 2023, 02:23 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 2,939
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Dec 22 2023, 09:46 AM) *

As 2023 comes to a close, I think back at all of the years we (the 914 community) have been together on this site. I have been involved with 914s since 1985, and this place is something special.

Through this site, I have made hundreds of friends that share the same passion for these little cars as Betty and I do. Some of you I know very well, some of you I have met only once or a few times. And some of you I have never met in person. But you are all my friends (Yes, even you T.C. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) ).

I am extremely grateful for this place, and for the friendship and camaraderie found here. This site encompasses all that is good about car culture, and emphasizes how the rest of the world should work. We are able to set aside petty differences and focus on what is really important (914s).

I also think back to those friends we have lost in the past. I hope that wherever they are, they know we think of them and miss them.

To everyone on here, whether you are a newbie, or an old fart like me, I wish you Happy Holidays (I would go into details, but then I would have to give myself a timeout for violating the no religion rule).

May your 914 run beautifully in the new year, and may the tinworm always be kept at bay.

You are a treasured resource here Clay, I've valued your input since acquiring my teener from Dad in 2002. And to all the other World gang, thanks and Merry Christmas, or what ever you celebrate. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif)
+Quote Post
campbellcj
post Dec 22 2023, 02:47 PM
Post #6

I can't Re Member

Member No.: 21

I totally agree! Cheers to all and thanks again to @sirandy for keeping the 914world server lights blinking after all these years
+Quote Post
PanelBilly
post Dec 22 2023, 06:42 PM
Post #7

914 Guru

Member No.: 6,488
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Attached Image

Cheers to all our friends

Julie & Billy
+Quote Post
Geezer914
post Dec 22 2023, 07:09 PM
Post #8

Geezer914

Member No.: 10,179
Region Association: North East States

Thanks to all of you who helped me restore my 914. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all.
+Quote Post
infraredcalvin
post Dec 22 2023, 09:41 PM
Post #9

Distracted Member

Member No.: 9,463

Amen brotha!
Member since 08, lurked here a few years prior, I’ve carried on banter, tried to give practical experience when I could, and heeded lots of advice from members here, but I have met very few in person. I consider you all friends. Merry Christmas, Happy New Year to all!
+Quote Post
tygaboy
post Dec 22 2023, 10:33 PM
Post #10

914 Guru

Member No.: 19,241
Region Association: Northern California

If not for 914 World, I'd be minus a bunch of great friends, many treasured memories and a number of "once-in-a-lifetime" experiences.
What makes it a special place to me is that the community welcomes everyone - from the concourse weenies to those who do unspeakable modifications ( (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif) ) and everything in between.
Best
Forum
Ever

Thanks to all our admins for keeping it up and running and to all who start or contribute to any thread.

A safe and Merry/Happy/Whatever to you and yours, Worlders!

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
mlindner
post Dec 23 2023, 09:22 AM
Post #11

Member No.: 13,770
Region Association: Upper MidWest

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Dec 22 2023, 11:46 AM) *

Thanks Clay, the best to you and 914 World family.Attached Image
+Quote Post
914-300Hemi
post Dec 23 2023, 09:46 AM
Post #12

Member No.: 6,794

Merry Christmas to all my 914 friends. This is a great community to be part of and we have made life long friends and memories.
+Quote Post
TomE
post Dec 23 2023, 01:07 PM
Post #13

Member No.: 23,839
Region Association: None

Merry Christmas all and I hope you and your families are safe and happy through out the new year. MattE and I are going to try to make it to a few more get togethers in the next few years and meet some more great people who love a little car that is just a blast to drive.
+Quote Post
Dion
post Dec 23 2023, 07:02 PM
Post #14

RN

Member No.: 2,766
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Well said Clay. Totally concur with these sentiments.
Merry Christmas fellow 914 peeps & a Happy hopefully healthy New Year!
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/wreath.gif)
+Quote Post
Maltese Falcon
post Dec 23 2023, 07:14 PM
Post #15

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,755
Region Association: None

Merry Christmas/ Happy New Year to everyone out there in 914World. @MATTYLITE and me were so lucky to meet up at Laguna Seca a few months ago with many old friends, new acquaintances, handshakes and hugs ¡ Wishing the members here (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving-girl.gif) all the best !
Marty
+Quote Post
wonkipop
post Dec 24 2023, 12:46 AM
Post #16

Advanced Member

Member No.: 24,231
Region Association: NineFourteenerVille

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Dec 22 2023, 11:46 AM) *

merry xmas and all the best for 24 mr. p

and the rest of youze. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

we are two four hours ahead and its nearly time for santa to try and ride his orange 914 down the chimney which is non existent in this uv ray soaked overheated outpost of the failed british empire. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

......and the clock is ticking to bathurst 12 hour. only one thing can stop me. a hearing at the building regulations commission for an appeal hearing on a job i'm fighting the good fight for ........mr b ( @jeffbowlsby knows that stuff when it comes to hah har chitecture).
i need you all to get down on your knees and pray for me so that i do not have a hearing scheduled for feb 16-18 - 2024.

i'm taking this fabo chick whose dad won the bathurst 500 in 1968 for a real important date with her own history. she has never been to the mountain to see the track. and knowing my luck i will get mucked up in some suburban argument over extensions to a house. but to be positive. merry merry xmas.

Attached Image
+Quote Post
Cairo94507
post Dec 25 2023, 08:17 AM
Post #17

Michael

Member No.: 9,712

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a nice little 914!

Clay said it all; I have been a member since 2008 and owned 914's since 1974. I can't imagine I will ever sell mine. I just pray I get many more years behind the wheel, driving and meeting other 914 owners. Without 914World.com, I would not have my car or the great group of friends this 914 has brought into my life. Bless all of you- and a special thanks to @SirAndy for this site.

Cheers,
Michael (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
Jamie
post Dec 25 2023, 09:20 AM
Post #18

Member No.: 2,939
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(tygaboy @ Dec 22 2023, 08:33 PM) *

If not for 914 World, I'd be minus a bunch of great friends, many treasured memories and a number of "once-in-a-lifetime" experiences.
What makes it a special place to me is that the community welcomes everyone - from the concourse weenies to those who do unspeakable modifications ( (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif) ) and everything in between.
Best
Forum
Ever

Thanks to all our admins for keeping it up and running and to all who start or contribute to any thread.

These profiles are fabulous, how are they made? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)
+Quote Post
r_towle
post Dec 25 2023, 09:39 AM
Post #19

Custom Member

Member No.: 124
Region Association: North East States

Merry Christmas, and a Happy new year.
Love the people here, and the focus we all have on making these little shitboxes as great as they can be.

Thank you Andy...as always.

rich
+Quote Post
tygaboy
post Dec 25 2023, 09:48 AM
Post #20

914 Guru

Member No.: 19,241

QUOTE(Jamie @ Dec 25 2023, 07:20 AM) *

QUOTE(tygaboy @ Dec 22 2023, 08:33 PM) *

Best
Forum
Ever

These profiles are fabulous, how are they made? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

Jamie - I made them. PM sent with a link to the WCR 2020 thread where there's a video of them in process.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 11:00 PM