Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT- Holiday Thoughts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ClayPerrine
As 2023 comes to a close, I think back at all of the years we (the 914 community) have been together on this site. I have been involved with 914s since 1985, and this place is something special.

Through this site, I have made hundreds of friends that share the same passion for these little cars as Betty and I do. Some of you I know very well, some of you I have met only once or a few times. And some of you I have never met in person. But you are all my friends (Yes, even you T.C. biggrin.gif ).

I am extremely grateful for this place, and for the friendship and camaraderie found here. This site encompasses all that is good about car culture, and emphasizes how the rest of the world should work. We are able to set aside petty differences and focus on what is really important (914s).

I also think back to those friends we have lost in the past. I hope that wherever they are, they know we think of them and miss them.

To everyone on here, whether you are a newbie, or an old fart like me, I wish you Happy Holidays (I would go into details, but then I would have to give myself a timeout for violating the no religion rule).

May your 914 run beautifully in the new year, and may the tinworm always be kept at bay.
technicalninja
I second that toast!

This is the best car forum I've joined.

Even the beginners are great!

On all of my other forums I first check a poster's vitals as it appears to be useless to help a 19-year-old kid. Nothing but useless arguments...

No so here. I've NEVER checked a poster's age on this site.

Happy to be here as well, appreciative of the site.

Happy Holidays to ya'll gear heads...
jim_hoyland
smile.gif Amen Clay, well said. My feelings too
jhynesrockmtn
This place has been so great for a relative newbie to 914s like me. I couldn't have refreshed this car to enable it's trip to Rennsport without the wisdom of the crew here.

Click to view attachment

From my family to yours, Happy Holidays!

Click to view attachment

Jamie
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Dec 22 2023, 09:46 AM) *

As 2023 comes to a close, I think back at all of the years we (the 914 community) have been together on this site. I have been involved with 914s since 1985, and this place is something special.

Through this site, I have made hundreds of friends that share the same passion for these little cars as Betty and I do. Some of you I know very well, some of you I have met only once or a few times. And some of you I have never met in person. But you are all my friends (Yes, even you T.C. biggrin.gif ).

I am extremely grateful for this place, and for the friendship and camaraderie found here. This site encompasses all that is good about car culture, and emphasizes how the rest of the world should work. We are able to set aside petty differences and focus on what is really important (914s).

I also think back to those friends we have lost in the past. I hope that wherever they are, they know we think of them and miss them.

To everyone on here, whether you are a newbie, or an old fart like me, I wish you Happy Holidays (I would go into details, but then I would have to give myself a timeout for violating the no religion rule).

May your 914 run beautifully in the new year, and may the tinworm always be kept at bay.

You are a treasured resource here Clay, I've valued your input since acquiring my teener from Dad in 2002. And to all the other World gang, thanks and Merry Christmas, or what ever you celebrate. aktion035.gif
campbellcj
I totally agree! Cheers to all and thanks again to @sirandy for keeping the 914world server lights blinking after all these years
PanelBilly
Click to view attachment

Cheers to all our friends

Julie & Billy
Geezer914
Thanks to all of you who helped me restore my 914. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all.
infraredcalvin
Amen brotha!
Member since 08, lurked here a few years prior, I’ve carried on banter, tried to give practical experience when I could, and heeded lots of advice from members here, but I have met very few in person. I consider you all friends. Merry Christmas, Happy New Year to all!
tygaboy
If not for 914 World, I'd be minus a bunch of great friends, many treasured memories and a number of "once-in-a-lifetime" experiences.
What makes it a special place to me is that the community welcomes everyone - from the concourse weenies to those who do unspeakable modifications ( happy11.gif ) and everything in between.
Best
Forum
Ever

Thanks to all our admins for keeping it up and running and to all who start or contribute to any thread.

A safe and Merry/Happy/Whatever to you and yours, Worlders!
mlindner
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Dec 22 2023, 11:46 AM) *

Thanks Clay, the best to you and 914 World family.Click to view attachment
914-300Hemi
Merry Christmas to all my 914 friends. This is a great community to be part of and we have made life long friends and memories.
TomE
Merry Christmas all and I hope you and your families are safe and happy through out the new year. MattE and I are going to try to make it to a few more get togethers in the next few years and meet some more great people who love a little car that is just a blast to drive.
Dion
Well said Clay. Totally concur with these sentiments.
Merry Christmas fellow 914 peeps & a Happy hopefully healthy New Year!
beerchug.gif

wreath.gif
Maltese Falcon
Merry Christmas/ Happy New Year to everyone out there in 914World. @MATTYLITE and me were so lucky to meet up at Laguna Seca a few months ago with many old friends, new acquaintances, handshakes and hugs ¡ Wishing the members here driving.gif driving-girl.gif all the best !
Marty
wonkipop
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Dec 22 2023, 11:46 AM) *

merry xmas and all the best for 24 mr. p

and the rest of youze. beerchug.gif

we are two four hours ahead and its nearly time for santa to try and ride his orange 914 down the chimney which is non existent in this uv ray soaked overheated outpost of the failed british empire. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

......and the clock is ticking to bathurst 12 hour. only one thing can stop me. a hearing at the building regulations commission for an appeal hearing on a job i'm fighting the good fight for ........mr b ( @jeffbowlsby knows that stuff when it comes to hah har chitecture).
i need you all to get down on your knees and pray for me so that i do not have a hearing scheduled for feb 16-18 - 2024.

i'm taking this fabo chick whose dad won the bathurst 500 in 1968 for a real important date with her own history. she has never been to the mountain to see the track. and knowing my luck i will get mucked up in some suburban argument over extensions to a house. but to be positive. merry merry xmas.

Click to view attachment
Cairo94507
Merry Christmas to all, and to all a nice little 914!

Clay said it all; I have been a member since 2008 and owned 914's since 1974. I can't imagine I will ever sell mine. I just pray I get many more years behind the wheel, driving and meeting other 914 owners. Without 914World.com, I would not have my car or the great group of friends this 914 has brought into my life. Bless all of you- and a special thanks to @SirAndy for this site.

Cheers,
Michael beerchug.gif
Jamie
QUOTE(tygaboy @ Dec 22 2023, 08:33 PM) *

If not for 914 World, I'd be minus a bunch of great friends, many treasured memories and a number of "once-in-a-lifetime" experiences.
What makes it a special place to me is that the community welcomes everyone - from the concourse weenies to those who do unspeakable modifications ( happy11.gif ) and everything in between.
Best
Forum
Ever

Thanks to all our admins for keeping it up and running and to all who start or contribute to any thread.

These profiles are fabulous, how are they made? confused24.gif
r_towle
Merry Christmas, and a Happy new year.
Love the people here, and the focus we all have on making these little shitboxes as great as they can be.

Thank you Andy...as always.

rich
tygaboy
QUOTE(Jamie @ Dec 25 2023, 07:20 AM) *

QUOTE(tygaboy @ Dec 22 2023, 08:33 PM) *

Best
Forum
Ever

These profiles are fabulous, how are they made? confused24.gif

Jamie - I made them. PM sent with a link to the WCR 2020 thread where there's a video of them in process.
rick 918-S
Speaking of being around here a week or two. santa_smiley.gif Merry Christmas!

From where I came as a child

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPPCPqDINEk

To where I am now!
friethmiller
Merry Christmas, Clay! Hope to meet you this spring on your TX Tour. You’re still doing it, right?
Krieger
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Dec 25 2023, 08:18 AM) *

Speaking of being around here a week or two. santa_smiley.gif Merry Christmas!

From where I came as a child

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPPCPqDINEk

To where I am now!

av-943.gif this is an awesome way to wakeup! Thank you for posting!
SirAndy
QUOTE(mlindner @ Dec 23 2023, 07:22 AM) *

Thanks Clay, the best to you and 914 World family.

Who here still recognizes what this is?
biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment
Geezer914
Merry Christmas to all the 914 family for providing their help and knowledge to keep our hobby on the road. first.gif
fixer34
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Dec 25 2023, 11:19 AM) *

biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment

I'm guessing the car from the first page with the rest of the lights out??
SirAndy
QUOTE(fixer34 @ Dec 25 2023, 09:32 AM) *

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Dec 25 2023, 11:19 AM) *

biggrin.gif

I'm guessing the car from the first page with the rest of the lights out??

Well yes. The point being, you can still recognize the shape of the 914 even without a 914.
bye1.gif
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(friethmiller @ Dec 25 2023, 10:29 AM) *

Merry Christmas, Clay! Hope to meet you this spring on your TX Tour. You’re still doing it, right?

We are probably not going to have it. I have a garage with a disassembled 914-6 conversion in it, and it has been severely delayed by medical issues. I am just getting over them, and will be resuming my repairs after the new year.

But I don't see it running in time to go to the Hill Country in April.

Clay
sixaddict
Merry Christmas to all and a beerchug.gif to all.
Late but only because I was with family and had to swear off of the addiction for the celebration.
santa_smiley.gif santa_smiley.gif santa_smiley.gif santa_smiley.gif
Literati914
QUOTE(sixaddict @ Dec 26 2023, 09:27 AM) *

Merry Christmas to all and a beerchug.gif to all.
Late but only because I was with family and had to swear off of the addiction for the celebration.
santa_smiley.gif santa_smiley.gif santa_smiley.gif santa_smiley.gif

Same here, I just saw this but hope everyone had a great Christmas - you guys are the best, hope to see y’all at some point soon! beerchug.gif

sb914
Hope everyone had a fantastic holiday.
Have a safe and great New year .Click to view attachment
mgp4591
Great time with family for Christmas and looking forward to a great new year with lots of opportunities to see more 914 family! The friends I've met, ridden with, and driven with really makes this a good community to learn from and enjoy some great roads and some fun parking lot shenanigans...who could really ask for more. Thanks to all of you and best for everyone this New Year! beerchug.gif
930cabman
Agreed with all the above comments, this is a great group helping each other to keep/enjoy their 50 y/o entry level sporting cars. We have all found a common goal and provide our input as we are able. Wishing all a Happy Holidays and enjoy our "little shitboxs" in good health

thanks to all who keep the lights on at 914 World
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.