Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> PMS Throttle Cable, Any Pics?
Steve
post Apr 17 2024, 09:14 AM
Post #21

914 Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 822
Region Association: Southern California

It looks close... You might have to make your own bracket. With my 3.2, I used a stock 914-6 throttle cable, Rich Johnson's bell crank and coat hanger as they call it. Everything bolted right up with no drama. I used this setup for over 20 years with no issues. The pedal was super smooth. I bought the special 3.6 PMS throttle cable for my current build, but I am keeping the previous setup just in case...
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NARP74
post Apr 17 2024, 09:32 AM
Post #22

Member No.: 24,549
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

The bell crank and coat hanger and other parts I would need are over $600, maybe more now. This was discussed in another thread. Then someone mentioned the PMS cable to eliminate the need for most of the parts below the tins. Going done that route now.
+Quote Post
930cabman
post Apr 17 2024, 11:34 AM
Post #23

Advanced Member

Member No.: 24,877
Region Association: North East States

QUOTE(NARP74 @ Apr 17 2024, 09:32 AM) *

The bell crank and coat hanger and other parts I would need are over $600, maybe more now. This was discussed in another thread. Then someone mentioned the PMS cable to eliminate the need for most of the parts below the tins. Going done that route now.

I have a couple of the parts necessary for the bell crank assembly, but when I happened on the PMS setup, it was the EZ button for sure and around $150. I still need to speak with them with regards to the core being about 1 1/2" too long.
+Quote Post
NARP74
post Apr 17 2024, 11:51 AM
Post #24

Member No.: 24,549
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

QUOTE(930cabman @ Apr 17 2024, 11:34 AM) *

QUOTE(NARP74 @ Apr 17 2024, 09:32 AM) *

I have a couple of the parts necessary for the bell crank assembly, but when I happened on the PMS setup, it was the EZ button for sure and around $150. I still need to speak with them with regards to the core being about 1 1/2" too long.

Interested to hear what they say about that. Good luck...
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd May 2024 - 03:03 PM