Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> PPI in Cedar Rapids, Looking for a member
Falcon14
post Apr 13 2024, 09:00 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 27,851
Region Association: North East States

Anyone in Cedar Rapids Iowa who might be able to look at a car for me? Owner sent me some pictures but they were not very clear.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
FlacaProductions
post Apr 13 2024, 10:41 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 21,628
Region Association: Southern California

I grew up nearby and still have family there but won't be back in the area for a couple of weeks, unfortunately. Perhaps @SKL1 still has people in the area? Hopefully he'll see this and chime in...

My only suggestion would be to reach out to Duffy's and see if they will do one for you. https://www.duffys.com Duffy is a long-time family friend but is no longer involved but if you have issues, send me a message/email and I'll see if he can make a call....

Good luck!
+Quote Post
SKL1
post Apr 18 2024, 09:07 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 12,732
Region Association: Upper MidWest

With 914ltd going out of business there are less options for old AC'ed VW's and Porsches in eastern Iowa.
While I grew up in CR I only know a few people there now but will ask around and see if someone has stepped up to the plate. Really only get back now for high school reunions, etc. and miss the place!
The best mechanic back in the day, Tom Bruch, who is still a good friend has been out of the business for a while now and is nearing 90! But he still tinkers on his stuff. Spends a lot of his time in either AZ or UT in the colder months.

Reread the first post and didn't read carefully enough the first time- you're looking for a PPI- actually I know who runs Duffys now and they might do a PPI. The original Duffy used to be a neighbor of my parents but has been out of the business for a while- they just kept the name.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st May 2024 - 07:46 PM