Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> WOT - Home Theatre Questions, Anyone knowledgeable on this stuff?
soloracer
post Aug 22 2005, 01:47 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 538

I just bought the following:

1 Pair Martin Logan ReQuest Speakers
1 Pair Martin Logan Quest Z Speakers
1 Martin Logan Logos Center Channel
1 Denon AVR-5800

I was planning on buying another pair of Martin Logans and a sub to finish things off. My question is regarding the amplifier and whether it's a good "economic" choice. I realize separates are probably better but usually are way more expensive. I've heard that the Martin Logans are brutal on amps and was wondering if the amplifier is suited for the job. The other thing was regarding all the different surround choices that are out there today. Is there a "must have" in terms of home theatre modes or digital TV modes (HDMI? THX ES?) I used to be into the home stereo scene but haven't been for 10 years and things have really changed.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
soloracer   WOT - Home Theatre Questions   Aug 22 2005, 01:47 PM
MJHanna   Well I would try it. The Martins you have are not...   Aug 22 2005, 02:16 PM
mike_the_man   Dunno too much about that particular Denon, but I...   Aug 22 2005, 05:24 PM
soloracer   For a display I have a BenQ PB6100 projector proje...   Aug 22 2005, 06:14 PM
richardL   There are two new DVD formats - HD-DVD and Blu-Ray...   Aug 22 2005, 08:54 PM
campbellcj   I have an AVR-5600 (a predecessor to yours) and it...   Aug 22 2005, 11:19 PM
snflupigus   see the new technology review magazine? holographi...   Aug 23 2005, 02:58 AM
redshift   You need a DLP, and a 110" screen..

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 08:25 PM