Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> fuse block covers almost ready for production, prototype pictured
dr914@autoatlanta.com
post Apr 15 2024, 01:16 PM
Post #1

914 Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,418
Region Association: None

every one needs one to keep from knocking out the fuses, production piece will be crystal clear with no scratchesAttached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Literati914
post Apr 15 2024, 03:40 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 7,222
Region Association: Southwest Region

Nice, I'm gonna need one (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif)

User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
FlacaProductions
post Apr 15 2024, 04:25 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 21,628
Region Association: Southern California

Always happy to see parts being made but Pelican has these, Sierra Madre has these...why do we need another player? I'm sure I'm missing something here (but it's not a fuse cover....)
+Quote Post
Txbentleyboy
post Apr 15 2024, 06:25 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 20,498
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Sign me up!
+Quote Post
scallyk9
post Apr 15 2024, 08:28 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 20,499
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(FlacaProductions @ Apr 15 2024, 03:25 PM) *

Always happy to see parts being made but Pelican has these, Sierra Madre has these...why do we need another player? I'm sure I'm missing something here (but it's not a fuse cover....)

They do and they don't. Around a year ago, I placed an order with Pelican for the one pictured in their online catalog (identical to my cracked 1974 one) but received one with the same part number but different symbols on the face. I called them and they sent another, also with the same part number as the correct one pictured but it had a different set of symbols than the first one they sent but still not matching the original. They were very good about this but finally agreed that they no longer were getting the same covers from their supplier.

Kudos to George if he will produce correct copies as shown in his initial post.
+Quote Post
bkrantz
post Apr 15 2024, 08:30 PM
Post #6

914 Guru

Member No.: 23,343
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

QUOTE(scallyk9 @ Apr 15 2024, 08:28 PM) *

They do and they don't. Around a year ago, I placed an order with Pelican for the one pictured in their online catalog (identical to my cracked 1974 one) but received one with the same part number but different symbols on the face. I called them and they sent another, also with the same part number as the correct one pictured but it had a different set of symbols than the first one they sent but still not matching the original. They were very good about this but finally agreed that they no longer were getting the same covers from their supplier.

And some of the reproductions have not fit quite right, and more easily fall out.
+Quote Post
worn
post Apr 15 2024, 10:41 PM
Post #7

can't remember

Member No.: 13,152
Region Association: Upper MidWest

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Apr 15 2024, 12:16 PM) *

every one needs one to keep from knocking out the fuses, production piece will be crystal clear with no scratches

At this great moment, i am called upon to quote C. Montgomery Burns when I say: Excellent.
+Quote Post
wonkipop
post Apr 16 2024, 12:07 AM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Member No.: 24,231
Region Association: NineFourteenerVille

QUOTE(bkrantz @ Apr 15 2024, 08:30 PM) *

QUOTE(scallyk9 @ Apr 15 2024, 08:28 PM) *

And some of the reproductions have not fit quite right, and more easily fall out.

that would make those reproductions that fall out faithful copies of the originals. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th May 2024 - 12:57 PM