Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> need some 356 welding help, warnign 356 content
dmenche914
post Aug 23 2005, 03:20 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 366

In addition to my 914, I have an old 356 that has been sitting for over a year at a paint shop in fremont Ca. I was going to work on some rust panel replacemtns with the shop as i am pretty good at Mig welding, and have a nice welder (its my dads).

i have not been able to do the work myself because of a hand injury (both hands burned with hydroflouric acid) I am lucky to have my hands still, but the pain has prevented me from doing any work on the car.

Is any local person with welding skills willing to help on this project? I have limited funds right now, so you won't be paid alot (I am hoping maybe help for lunch and a beer?)

What needs to be done is replacement of the battery tray area in the front trunk, and some work in the engine bay, most of the car is cleaned up, and near ready for welding. I wanted to drill holes in the top metal, and run a MIG bead to fill the hole to make it look close to factory, I have replaced entire panels on a Microbus years ago, it was near flawless.

Would anyone be interested in helping in the next months? The car just needs this welding done, a little metal fabrication, and then it will be ready for paint. After that I have it back home, and I have some friends that can re-assemble it for me. (it was a good runner before taken apart)

anyway please contact me if you are interested in helping on this long delayed project, and if you have metal skills.

thanks

dave
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
dmenche914   need some 356 welding help   Aug 23 2005, 03:20 PM
Jeroen   the thing on your hands sounds nasty

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th May 2024 - 07:26 AM