Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: need some 356 welding help
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dmenche914
In addition to my 914, I have an old 356 that has been sitting for over a year at a paint shop in fremont Ca. I was going to work on some rust panel replacemtns with the shop as i am pretty good at Mig welding, and have a nice welder (its my dads).

i have not been able to do the work myself because of a hand injury (both hands burned with hydroflouric acid) I am lucky to have my hands still, but the pain has prevented me from doing any work on the car.

Is any local person with welding skills willing to help on this project? I have limited funds right now, so you won't be paid alot (I am hoping maybe help for lunch and a beer?)

What needs to be done is replacement of the battery tray area in the front trunk, and some work in the engine bay, most of the car is cleaned up, and near ready for welding. I wanted to drill holes in the top metal, and run a MIG bead to fill the hole to make it look close to factory, I have replaced entire panels on a Microbus years ago, it was near flawless.

Would anyone be interested in helping in the next months? The car just needs this welding done, a little metal fabrication, and then it will be ready for paint. After that I have it back home, and I have some friends that can re-assemble it for me. (it was a good runner before taken apart)

anyway please contact me if you are interested in helping on this long delayed project, and if you have metal skills.

thanks

dave
Jeroen
the thing on your hands sounds nasty sad.gif

but the 356 sounds like a fun project
got any pics to share?
dmenche914
yeah i think I have some photos, i'll need to find them and get them posted. i hope someone local can give assistance, hour here, and hour there, need some guidence. I have aHobart MIG with gas shileding,a nd a very nice autdarkening helment (they are great) so who ever helps will be using a quality welder. It is not to much work, just it it is near impossible to me to tackle this project. i feal sorry for the shop owner who has been very kind in keeping hte car at his place for so long, but I need to get it moving, I do not expect recovery for a long long time if ever (so say the doctors) so now is the time i need to humble myself and ask for help.

thanks
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.