Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mystery Paint Code... "L63E", Incorrectly marked??
Richard Casto
post Aug 27 2005, 09:13 PM
Post #1

Blue Sky Motorsports, LLC

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,523
Region Association: South East States

Ok, I this is for a 1972. PO had painted the car a bronze color which is going to go. I was curious as to what the original color was (might put car back to original, might not). He didn't paint under the hood and part of the front trunk area. Looks to be original paint and is a dark green.

Paint code on Karmann tag is "L63E". As far as I know, there is no "L63E". There is an "L60E" and and "L63K" for my model year. Based upon looking at the color examples here http://homepage.mac.com/markd/914/colors.html I would say that the color actually looks like the "L60E" (Irish Green).

I am going to eventually send off for the COA, but after buying welding equipment, etc. this month, I will have to wait another month or more before I am ready to spend $100 or so on something like that. Tools and other stuff comes first. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif)

Anyhow, does anyone have a clue as to what is going on? Is this just incorrectly marked? Do I have the only example of this paint color (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/rolleyes.gif) (I can't find any mention of any "L63E as a valid volkswagon paint code)? How do they mark custom colors? Is this a custom color?

I have attached a photo that shows the tag. I used a paint remover to remove the bronze as the PO didn't mask off the tag. You can see some of the green under the bronze.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
davep
post Aug 28 2005, 06:26 AM
Post #2

914 Historian

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 1,244
Region Association: Canada

I'd say you are correct. Irish green L60E. Whoever made up the stamp got it wrong. Thanks for posting the picture. What is the VIN for this car?
+Quote Post
Richard Casto
post Aug 28 2005, 07:28 AM
Post #3

Blue Sky Motorsports, LLC

Member No.: 4,523
Region Association: South East States

VIN is 4722916581
+Quote Post
wilchek
post Aug 28 2005, 10:46 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 2,177

my tag is incorrect also. It appears that my tag was for the car built 2 after my car as the body build number in the rear trunk floor and the tag are two serial numbers off. Not so much quality control going on.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th June 2024 - 12:09 AM