Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Serious Q: Re: Carbs., Running moderate cammed 350 SBC
Dr. Roger
post Aug 29 2005, 12:10 PM
Post #1

A bat out of hell.

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,533
Region Association: Northern California

Got two vac secondary carbs (600 cfm smog carb and a 750) which I now know are in need of rebuilds.

The 600 runs but, on this heavily cammed engine, like *hit. Idle circuit has very little adjustability. And it's got more vacuum ports than I can count.
The 750 is a bit too much I think for the 350.

I've run 650 double pumpers with great success and am thinking about installing a 650 spreadbore. Small primaries/large secondaries.

Goal here is to keep higher velocities off idle for responsiveness and, due to engine displacement, not over carb it like if I used the 750cfm. 6K redline...

I'm about ready to go the the local parts place and plunk down some spare change on a new 650.

WWYD? =-))

Roger

Pic is the 600 smog carb....... Come hear it run.... Swap ya' for that old 650 dbl pumper..... =-)))

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 09:59 PM