Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

15 Pages V « < 11 12 13 14 15 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The neo914-6 Concept, the details...
neo914-6
post Jul 29 2008, 12:22 PM
Post #241

neo life

Group: Members
Member No.: 159

QUOTE(rufio0205 @ Jul 29 2008, 07:28 AM) *

QUOTE(neo914-6 @ Jul 16 2007, 01:27 AM) *

found a potentially adaptable light kit for those interested in keeping them in the original location: Advanced Automotive Concepts

Has anyone tried this headlight conversion kit?
If you have...what did it take time wise? and how much modification to the car or headlight bucket area or new headlight conversion parts took place?
Pictures?
I cant stand the pop ups....
ps. sorry to hijack

I do have a headlight thread but have posted options here as well. Nice to know someone is creating a fixed light option for the Miata. You should ask them to adapt a kit for the 914 buckets...
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
neo914-6
post Aug 4 2008, 05:06 AM
Post #242

neo life

Hope I got it right:

911 struts, GPR Poly bushing kit, plated hardware, Koni adjustable inserts:

Attached Image

metal dust cover (thanks to 914sixer Mark)

Attached Image

top nut and top support washer, not much thread left:

Attached Image

this would not fit on top of the dust cover so I left it out:

Attached Image
+Quote Post
Andyrew
post Aug 5 2008, 01:20 AM
Post #243

Spooling.... Please wait

Member No.: 172
Region Association: Northern California

Felix hows it going? Glad to see you still at work on the Neo! My v8 has taken a back door to my A4... its now sporting a APR Stage 3 kit w/ a FMIC and a bunch of other gizmo's... I should be at 330-350 w/ water injection on my race file.. and about 300hp on pump.. I've been autoxing it and kicking my dads butt (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)! New Gtech shows me doing 1.04 sustained G's on a skidpad with Bridgestone RE01-R's.

What all is left on the Neo? Is the engine in a running state or what is needed for that?

:wavy:
+Quote Post
neo914-6
post Aug 5 2008, 03:59 AM
Post #244

neo life

QUOTE(Andyrew @ Aug 5 2008, 12:20 AM) *

Felix hows it going? Glad to see you still at work on the Neo! My v8 has taken a back door to my A4... its now sporting a APR Stage 3 kit w/ a FMIC and a bunch of other gizmo's... I should be at 330-350 w/ water injection on my race file.. and about 300hp on pump.. I've been autoxing it and kicking my dads butt (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)! New Gtech shows me doing 1.04 sustained G's on a skidpad with Bridgestone RE01-R's.

What all is left on the Neo? Is the engine in a running state or what is needed for that?

:wavy:

jeeez, I splained the sitiation to Wes on the previous page! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

yeah, one of my lack of progress excuses is my other ride, Mercedes Coupe. I finally installed the Recaro C's and transferred parts from my RENNTech wreck. Darn things still has a starting issue I can't figure out... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/screwy.gif)
+Quote Post
rufio0205
post Aug 5 2008, 07:17 AM
Post #245

Member No.: 8,099
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(neo914-6 @ Jul 29 2008, 02:22 PM) *

found a potentially adaptable light kit for those interested in keeping them in the original location: Advanced Automotive Concepts

If you have...what did it take time wise? and how much modification to the car or headlight bucket area or new headlight conversion parts took place?
Pictures?
ps. sorry to hijack

I do have a headlight thread but have posted options here as well. Nice to know someone is creating a fixed light option for the Miata. You should ask them to adapt a kit for the 914 buckets...

apparently. after doing some research....I have found out that in in the state of florida...where i live... it is illegal to convert a car from popups to stand alone stationary lights...and vise a versa...
I can't do a headlight conversion...unless i just hope that no cop ever knows what my car is and cant tell stock from modified.. haha

just a heads up on that.
+Quote Post
Wes V
post Aug 5 2008, 10:36 AM
Post #246

Member No.: 8,211

QUOTE(neo914-6 @ Aug 5 2008, 02:59 AM) *

jeeez, I splained the sitiation to Wes on the previous page!

Felix;

We are not trying to rag on you about not working fast enough on the project!

I've looked at just about every string that you have written on the car (very good reading), but it's always seemed aggravating that there isn't one place where us interested guys can get a feel how the project as a whole is coming along.

(I'm interested due to wanting to also use an Audi 2.7t in my 914)

Maybe a good answer (to get us off your back) would be to add a "status" comment in your blog.

Wes
+Quote Post
neo914-6
post Aug 6 2008, 08:47 PM
Post #247

neo life

QUOTE(Wes V @ Aug 5 2008, 09:36 AM) *

QUOTE(neo914-6 @ Aug 5 2008, 02:59 AM) *

jeeez, I splained the sitiation to Wes on the previous page!

Felix;

We are not trying to rag on you about not working fast enough on the project!

I've looked at just about every string that you have written on the car (very good reading), but it's always seemed aggravating that there isn't one place where us interested guys can get a feel how the project as a whole is coming along.

(I'm interested due to wanting to also use an Audi 2.7t in my 914)

Maybe a good answer (to get us off your back) would be to add a "status" comment in your blog.

Wes

Was this not detailed enough? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)
update
I'm working on a more detailed list but it's taking...........time! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

I thought you were planning a 2.8 NA. I would not recommend the 2.7tt, it fits my theme but few others... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post
neo914-6
post Aug 6 2008, 08:50 PM
Post #248

neo life

QUOTE(rufio0205 @ Aug 5 2008, 06:17 AM) *

QUOTE(neo914-6 @ Jul 29 2008, 02:22 PM) *

Pictures?
ps. sorry to hijack

apparently. after doing some research....I have found out that in in the state of florida...where i live... it is illegal to convert a car from popups to stand alone stationary lights...and vise a versa...
I can't do a headlight conversion...unless i just hope that no cop ever knows what my car is and cant tell stock from modified.. haha

just a heads up on that.

I'll look out for those Florida police! I researched CA vehicle code in the headlight thread and couldn't find anything illegal. Maybe I didn't look close enough... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)
+Quote Post
kerensky
post Aug 7 2008, 09:03 AM
Post #249

Member No.: 5,508
Region Association: Southwest Region

QUOTE(neo914-6 @ Aug 6 2008, 06:50 PM) *
I'll look out for those Florida police! I researched CA vehicle code in the headlight thread and couldn't find anything illegal. Maybe I didn't look close enough... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)
Actually, it's probably not legal in any state. The law has a minimum height requirement for headlights, and IIRC one reason the 914 was designed with pop-ups was to lift the headlights up into a legal height range. Can't be sure without measuring, or at least going to research some figures, but I'd wager that the conversion lights would be mounted too low to be legal.

Of course, in some places you may not get hassled much. It's kind alike smoked taillights - those are illegal in most states, but there are places where you'll never get a second glance over 'em. Then go to a different town and cops will pull a 180 and chase you down to ticket you for them.
+Quote Post
Joe Bob
post Aug 7 2008, 09:21 AM
Post #250

Retired admin, banned a few times

Member No.: 5
Region Association: None

Mark that minimum AND MAXIMUM heights.....that's to keep the monster trucks from burning out your retinas. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
+Quote Post
watsonrx13
post Aug 7 2008, 12:11 PM
Post #251

Advanced Member

Member No.: 312

QUOTE(mikez @ Aug 7 2008, 10:21 AM) *

Mark that minimum AND MAXIMUM heights.....that's to keep the monster trucks from burning out your retinas. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)

That's not a law here if FL, if you've got a 4x4, it's got to be big....

Besides, when I drive, the big boy's light go right over my top.... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

-- rob
+Quote Post
neo914-6
post Aug 7 2008, 02:15 PM
Post #252

neo life

QUOTE(kerensky @ Aug 7 2008, 08:03 AM) *

QUOTE(neo914-6 @ Aug 6 2008, 06:50 PM) *
Actually, it's probably not legal in any state. The law has a minimum height requirement for headlights, and IIRC one reason the 914 was designed with pop-ups was to lift the headlights up into a legal height range. Can't be sure without measuring, or at least going to research some figures, but I'd wager that the conversion lights would be mounted too low to be legal.

Of course, in some places you may not get hassled much. It's kind alike smoked taillights - those are illegal in most states, but there are places where you'll never get a second glance over 'em. Then go to a different town and cops will pull a 180 and chase you down to ticket you for them.

Chad,

Thanks for the concern. As stated in my headlight thread, mine ARE within the min/max height and should satisfy the light intensity requirement. The only areas I lack is having the ability for high and low beams and the pre-production covers having 0 distortion. I doubt an officer would take the time to question their legality because they "look" factory. It is a risk (low in my assessment) and anyone considering this should be willing to accept any consequences.

A friend, Chris Julian had his headlights in the AIR bumper/airdam (obviously too low) that attracted alot of attention but was never questioned about them.
Attached Image
+Quote Post
SirAndy
post Aug 7 2008, 03:25 PM
Post #253

Resident German

Group: Admin
Member No.: 179

QUOTE(neo914-6 @ Aug 4 2008, 03:06 AM) *

Attached Image

You can safely cut off one section on the rubber stops to give you a bit more shock travel ...
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/bye1.gif) Andy
+Quote Post
rufio0205
post Aug 7 2008, 09:00 PM
Post #254

Member No.: 8,099

i dont see why they would have a problem with replacing them if they become more efficient. the guy who told me it was illegal to have fixed lights soon there after told me to buy a pair of European H4 lights and just replace the bulbs. hahaha
the european ones don't fall into the requirements of the law...hahahha.

i'd rather do the headlight conversion than a bulb replacement. pop up is ugo. imho

that and they aren't aerodynamic friendly.
+Quote Post
neo914-6
post Aug 7 2008, 10:44 PM
Post #255

neo life

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Aug 7 2008, 02:25 PM) *

QUOTE(neo914-6 @ Aug 4 2008, 03:06 AM) *

Attached Image

You can safely cut off one section on the rubber stops to give you a bit more shock travel ...
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/bye1.gif) Andy

Thanks Andy, didn't think of that! It was a bit of a pain pulling up the short shaft through the bushing halves.

Glad you could represent the "world" at the shoot out. I almost rode with Mueller. We laughed because there are 0 pictures of him like he's been excommunicated. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
+Quote Post
microsa
post Jan 25 2009, 01:17 PM
Post #256

Member No.: 329

Anything further since Aug 2008? Just today found this build thread and am absolutely flabbergasted!!!
+Quote Post
neo914-6
post Jan 25 2009, 01:51 PM
Post #257

neo life

QUOTE(microsa @ Jan 25 2009, 11:17 AM) *

Anything further since Aug 2008? Just today found this build thread and am absolutely flabbergasted!!!

Hey thanks for visiting, I hope "flabbergasted" is a good thing (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

Sorry for the lack of progress. The underlying purpose of this project was to demonstrate skills that I would allow me to return to the automotive industry. My goal, Tesla Motors never panned out and there are so few other automotive opportunities in the SF Bay Area.

I've been focused on finding a more creative design job but now I just need to find a job so I can fund the completion of this project or sell it altogether. In retrospect I could use the nearly $50k I spent so far but this project was (is) a blast... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/w00t.gif)
+Quote Post
marks914
post Jan 25 2009, 02:11 PM
Post #258

Member No.: 2,912
Region Association: None

Felix,
We had a big shot director go over to Tesla last summer, and he is unemployed now. He took a pretty big risk and left a geally good job to go over there. I think the Tesla guys are figuring out its harder to build a car than they thought.
Another avenue for you could be some "freelance contract". we have a few people who are contract, they are their own contract house, they make more, the comapny pays less and everyone is happy

Mark
+Quote Post
SilverBullet
post Aug 14 2009, 08:19 AM
Post #259

Member No.: 53

Man I haven't looked at this thread in YEARS! So awesome!!!!!! I need to visit soon.
+Quote Post
germanv82000
post Aug 14 2009, 11:06 AM
Post #260

scott pickering

Member No.: 6,464

I too stumbled onto Neo's page today long after the daily looks. Still and will continue to be a trendsetter. Got much inspiration over the years, thanks Felix. Scott P.
+Quote Post

15 Pages V « < 11 12 13 14 15 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th May 2024 - 03:30 PM