Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> The New England 9/14 Get-Together, need some input
Part Pricer
post Aug 1 2003, 09:57 AM
Post #1

Believe everything I post

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 35

Over the weekend, one of the club members asked if I was going to be holding another get-together like I did last September. My wife was standing next to me. Without saying a word, I looked over at her. She immediately said, “Why not?” so I started planning. This year, I decided to leverage another event that had been planned.

I’ve been working behind the scenes to get a few things arranged and things are coming along well. But, I’ve gotten to the point where I could use some input. All of these things will take place in Connecticut, approximately halfway between Hartford and Danbury. Here are the things that are definite at this point:

Saturday, September 13
There is a Swap Meet and Car Show scheduled to be held in Burlington, CT. Click here for information. I’ve already arranged with the event organizers to have a reserved “914 only” area. This will allow us to line-‘em-up and make the taildraggers and water-pumpers jealous of our fine automobiles. Now, my first question:

Would there be interest in having something like a People’s Choice Concours?

Next question:

This would be the perfect opportunity to arrange a meal at one of the local establishments. I’m sure that I could find one that serves Iced Tea as well as other liquid refreshments.

Would you prefer a lunch get-together during the day, or would you like to meet for dinner after the meet?

Sunday, September 14
There will definitely be an autocross. I’ll give details on this later after all of the other items have been decided.

So, here is where we stand right now.

Saturday
  • Swap Meet
  • Car Show
  • Concours ??
  • Lunch or Dinner ??
Sunday
  • Autocross
Please give me your input. Remember, you don’t need to come for both days, or participate in all of the events. Once everything is decided, we’ll have a website up for registration.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(20 - 20)
Rusty
post Aug 28 2003, 08:48 AM
Post #21

Wanted: Engine case GA003709

Group: Admin
Member No.: 6
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

Yeah, I was really used to the "push" format of Rennlist, too. Also, I could keep good individual messages archived in a folder in Outlook.

Once I got used to using the down-arrow button to go to new messages, that made using the bbs a lot easier.

Every now and then I log in, and it seems like the cookies do something funny. All the messsage threads are "greyed out", showing that I've read them - when I know darned well I haven't.

-Rusty (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smoke.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2024 - 03:38 PM