Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Rear Window, How to remove?
Mike's2nd914
post Aug 1 2003, 09:19 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 616

My rear window dropped from the adhesive that was holding it in and has a nasty rattle. How do I remove it to replace the adhesive? It looks like the padding comes out from the top and the bottom just lifts out. Also, what do you recommend to replace the damaged adhesive?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
TheCabinetmaker
post Aug 2 2003, 04:31 PM
Post #2

I drive my car everyday

Group: Members
Member No.: 666

Once all the trim is removed, the window will come out with a "little coaking" if it is already loose. Clean the window and the window frame. . Lacquer thinner, MEK, acetone,etc,etc, will cut the old adhesive. Be careful not to drip! Primer or paint all bare spots. Purchase a tube of black Urethane sealant from your local glass shop that will fit in a standard caulking gun. Run a half inch bead around the outside and reinstall glass. It will dry in half an hour. Urethane sealant is what we use in high rise commercial buildings. It will stand up to Hurricane force wind speeds. We also use it on windshields. Cost about 12 bucks for a tube.

Happy Happy!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th May 2024 - 02:43 PM