Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Need help mounting MOMO wheel,, on an early 4-cyl
Dave-O
post Sep 12 2005, 07:06 PM
Post #1

Is winter done yet?

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,082

Hi all,
I'm sure some of you have seen my add in the parts section. I'm trying to mount a MOMO steering wheel on my 1970 4-cyl. Problem is that the early style hub adapter is made of unobtanium. I've heard that the later style one will work, but leaves a gap between the wheel and the column. How much of a gap and is it really noticeable? My teener is far from perfect and this wheel is more about function than form, so I wouldn’t mind a small gap.

Secondly, what about the 6-cyl adapter, will it have a better fit than the later 4-cyl adapter or will it work at all?

I would wait around to track down the correct early adapter, but I have a couple driving events coming up soon and would really like to get that wheel in there.

Thanks in advance,

David
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
xitspd
post Sep 12 2005, 07:45 PM
Post #2

Technology and Tradition 3.6 and 914-6

Member No.: 3,136

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/ohmy.gif) 6 cylinder spline is the same as an early 911 and will not fit at all!

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Dave-O
post Sep 12 2005, 08:20 PM
Post #3

Is winter done yet?

QUOTE (xitspd @ Sep 12 2005, 07:45 PM)
(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/ohmy.gif) 6 cylinder spline is the same as an early 911 and will not fit at all!

Thanks, Looks like i'll have to try the later 4-cyl adapter. Unless anyone has an early style sitting around ? (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/confused24.gif)
+Quote Post
lapuwali
post Sep 12 2005, 08:44 PM
Post #4

Not another one!

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 1,743

I have a later hub on a '71 car. Works fine. There's a gap, to be sure, but the wheel fits securely. With most wheels (esp. the Monte Carlo), you'll almost certainly want to buy one of the spacers from MOMO or Smart Racing, that fit between the hub and the wheel to space it back some. If you don't , you'll find your knuckles brush the turn signal stalk.
+Quote Post
Dave-O
post Sep 12 2005, 08:58 PM
Post #5

Is winter done yet?

QUOTE (lapuwali @ Sep 12 2005, 08:44 PM)
I have a later hub on a '71 car. Works fine. There's a gap, to be sure, but the wheel fits securely. With most wheels (esp. the Monte Carlo), you'll almost certainly want to buy one of the spacers from MOMO or Smart Racing, that fit between the hub and the wheel to space it back some. If you don't , you'll find your knuckles brush the turn signal stalk.

Thanks, I'm going with a MOMO Competition and a 1" spacer. I guess a later style adapter is really my only option.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st May 2024 - 05:29 AM