Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need help mounting MOMO wheel,
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dave-O
Hi all,
I'm sure some of you have seen my add in the parts section. I'm trying to mount a MOMO steering wheel on my 1970 4-cyl. Problem is that the early style hub adapter is made of unobtanium. I've heard that the later style one will work, but leaves a gap between the wheel and the column. How much of a gap and is it really noticeable? My teener is far from perfect and this wheel is more about function than form, so I wouldn’t mind a small gap.

Secondly, what about the 6-cyl adapter, will it have a better fit than the later 4-cyl adapter or will it work at all?

I would wait around to track down the correct early adapter, but I have a couple driving events coming up soon and would really like to get that wheel in there.

Thanks in advance,

David
xitspd
ohmy.gif 6 cylinder spline is the same as an early 911 and will not fit at all!
Dave-O
QUOTE (xitspd @ Sep 12 2005, 07:45 PM)
ohmy.gif 6 cylinder spline is the same as an early 911 and will not fit at all!

Thanks, Looks like i'll have to try the later 4-cyl adapter. Unless anyone has an early style sitting around ? confused24.gif
lapuwali
I have a later hub on a '71 car. Works fine. There's a gap, to be sure, but the wheel fits securely. With most wheels (esp. the Monte Carlo), you'll almost certainly want to buy one of the spacers from MOMO or Smart Racing, that fit between the hub and the wheel to space it back some. If you don't , you'll find your knuckles brush the turn signal stalk.
Dave-O
QUOTE (lapuwali @ Sep 12 2005, 08:44 PM)
I have a later hub on a '71 car. Works fine. There's a gap, to be sure, but the wheel fits securely. With most wheels (esp. the Monte Carlo), you'll almost certainly want to buy one of the spacers from MOMO or Smart Racing, that fit between the hub and the wheel to space it back some. If you don't , you'll find your knuckles brush the turn signal stalk.

Thanks, I'm going with a MOMO Competition and a 1" spacer. I guess a later style adapter is really my only option.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.