Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Cleaning 2.0 Fuchs alloys, Restoration
m3456y
post Sep 13 2005, 08:37 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,791

I've been trying to get my 2.0 liter Fuchs alloys to look like new and have discovered a product that works great. It's called Restore 4 and I don't believe its available in stores. You can order it at www.restore4.com. Order the tile and grout cleaner - it was originally advertised on an infomercial showing it being used to clean/restore anything - including chrome and copper. It contains a mild acid, and if you use it on the unpolished parts of the Fuchs wheels, it makes them look just like new, removing any dirt, brake dust residue and staining. It takes a bit of work, but I can tell you, the wheels look just like new when you are finished. I'm sure there are many other corroded parts that it can be used on also.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
m3456y   Cleaning 2.0 Fuchs alloys   Sep 13 2005, 08:37 AM
Midtowner   Whoa! That's one big .jpg! Resizing ...   Sep 13 2005, 11:25 AM
TROJANMAN   holy sales pitch batman......... ht...   Sep 13 2005, 11:28 AM
jonwatts   subtle as a battle axe http://www....   Sep 13 2005, 11:45 AM
bd1308   i think i can see the grain boundaries with that h...   Sep 13 2005, 11:55 AM
Toast   Does the Restore 4 product leave all those pixles ...   Sep 13 2005, 01:18 PM
pete-stevers   have you tried their polishing compound?

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 06:51 PM