Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cleaning 2.0 Fuchs alloys
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
m3456y
I've been trying to get my 2.0 liter Fuchs alloys to look like new and have discovered a product that works great. It's called Restore 4 and I don't believe its available in stores. You can order it at www.restore4.com. Order the tile and grout cleaner - it was originally advertised on an infomercial showing it being used to clean/restore anything - including chrome and copper. It contains a mild acid, and if you use it on the unpolished parts of the Fuchs wheels, it makes them look just like new, removing any dirt, brake dust residue and staining. It takes a bit of work, but I can tell you, the wheels look just like new when you are finished. I'm sure there are many other corroded parts that it can be used on also.
Midtowner
Whoa! That's one big .jpg! Resizing to 640 x 480 works best for your next post. My 2.0 Fuchs are dirty. Thanks for the suggestion! biggrin.gif
TROJANMAN
holy sales pitch batman......... ohmy.gif
jonwatts
subtle as a battle axe wink.gif
bd1308
i think i can see the grain boundaries with that huge pic....

smile.gif
Toast
Does the Restore 4 product leave all those pixles on the rims? unsure.gif
pete-stevers
have you tried their polishing compound? wink.gif
Gint
I resized that wall mural...
m3456y
QUOTE (pete-stevers @ Sep 13 2005, 12:48 PM)
have you tried their polishing compound? wink.gif

I have only tried (at last resort) the product I spoke of in the post. Sorry for the oversized JPEG... I should have known better. No sales pitch - just fact, and I'm sure if any of you have tried making these wheels look like new...you'll know what I'm talkng about.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.