Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> eBay dispute, what would you do?, OT: but eBay drama is always fun, right?
siverson
post Sep 13 2005, 11:56 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 654
Region Association: Southern California

If you purchased this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=7995508917

Would you expect it to come with an O2 sensor?

The person I sold it to has now put a hold on $2000+ in paypal because he expected it to come with the stock narrow band O2 sensor. He wants $112 refunded. Granted, I'm not going to loose to much sleep over $112, but I really don't feel like I am at fault here and this guy already got a steal on the kit.

I'll admit that if I was going to do this again I would have been more explicit that there is no O2 sensor (not that there is no optional wide band O2 sensor). My language wasn't 100% clear, but I certainly never intended to be misleading and I think he was assuming things that he shouldn't have. I said it was missing two things (plug wires and O2 sensor [which isn't needed]), it was never pictured... ?!?!

Stick to my principles, or send $112 and get on with life... ?

-Steve

p.s. Here is his complaint as submitted to Paypal:

Buyer's Comments: This kit includes a part that was not shiped. Here is a copy of the email to the seller. The Clewett kit includes a narrow band sensor (I called and confirmed this) and you paid the difference for the wideband sensor and kept it. It's for this reason that you put a disclaimer in your ad. This is obvious or you would have never mentioned this option in the first place and sold this kit with no sensor. Here is a copy. I'm not an expert, but I believe this includes everything you'll need except for (i) spark plug wires, and (ii) (optional) wide band O2 sensor. You may not be an expert but you don't have to be as the kit that was represented the Clewett engineering C2 kit came standard with a narrow band sensor and does not require a wideband it's "an option" "not required" and I'm not asking for that I just want what I purchased. You sold a kit, and did not itemize each part you sold it as a complete kit that does not include one of the OPTIONAL components. I have never had a problem before on Ebay. When I emailed you and we made a deal the money was sent as we spoke that instant. I'm not fishing for money, but I feel strongly that you are incorrect and because of the many missing parts I have been considerably inconvenienced and I'm not looking for any compensation. All these missing items have to be shipped at my expense, taxes paid,duties paid, and I have to drive 40 miles to pick them up at the post office. My car will be at the shop for weeks longer. What I am asking for is VERY FAIR and is what you sold me. I will still leave you positive feedback even though I was greatly inconvenienced.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th May 2024 - 11:06 PM