Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Swapping '74 gauges for '73, Where does the bright light signal go?
vesnyder
post Sep 14 2005, 05:25 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,933

Just swapped gauges I removed from a parts car in my project - parts car was a '74 and project is a '73. I have one light left over that appears to light the bright light indicator? There is not even a place to insert the light but the light is there on the new gauge face? Any suggestions on what to do with the light?

BTW - How do you torn the bright lights on?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
bd1308
post Sep 14 2005, 06:15 AM
Post #2

Sir Post-a-lot

Member No.: 3,501

turn headlights on, and pull the turnsignal stalk towards you...you should hear a click and your lights should dim and bow to the almighty brights....
+Quote Post
double-a
post Sep 14 2005, 08:38 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 1,162
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

74 cars built late in the model year might've used a later style tach, one with the high beam indicator up near the top, and a single indicator for both turn signals. the earlier style tach had the high beam indicator mounted near the center bottom. make certain the bulb is grounded and that your flasher switch works. it's the silver (or black) cube on the fuse panel. as stated above, it will 'click' when the light stalk is pulled forward (with the key on).

~a
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st May 2024 - 08:39 PM