Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Swapping '74 gauges for '73
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
vesnyder
Just swapped gauges I removed from a parts car in my project - parts car was a '74 and project is a '73. I have one light left over that appears to light the bright light indicator? There is not even a place to insert the light but the light is there on the new gauge face? Any suggestions on what to do with the light?

BTW - How do you torn the bright lights on?
bd1308
turn headlights on, and pull the turnsignal stalk towards you...you should hear a click and your lights should dim and bow to the almighty brights....
double-a
74 cars built late in the model year might've used a later style tach, one with the high beam indicator up near the top, and a single indicator for both turn signals. the earlier style tach had the high beam indicator mounted near the center bottom. make certain the bulb is grounded and that your flasher switch works. it's the silver (or black) cube on the fuse panel. as stated above, it will 'click' when the light stalk is pulled forward (with the key on).

~a
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.