Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> No high beams
Tobra
post Sep 14 2005, 08:46 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,634

The low beams work, I can hear the relay clicking when I try to switch from low to high, and the L high beam flashes when I pull the lever, what could it be? I am going to get under there and clean up the contacts on the fuse block, where the wires connect, and where the fuses go. No horn either, but that is probably something else.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Dave_Darling
post Sep 14 2005, 10:49 AM
Post #2

914 Idiot

Member No.: 121
Region Association: Northern California

Either the connections to the high/low relay, or the relay itself, I would guess. Sounds like the relay isn't latching when you switch to high, so it flashes the highs and then flips back to low.

If I'm misreading that, and it flashes the highs and then no lights, that still says the relay to me...

--DD
+Quote Post
jgullock
post Sep 14 2005, 11:09 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 1,045

I had the same problem - relay wouldn't latch. Ended up taking it apart (hey, what the heck. If it isn't gonna work what do I have to loose) and played with the contact distance. There are two contact plates with a smaller one in between - I messed with the distances - spread them apart a little. Works fine now.
+Quote Post
ben1440
post Sep 14 2005, 11:34 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 3,688

could this be in any way related to turn signals not turning off after turning? My high beams dont go on and when i am finished turning i have to manually turn off my turn signals. Sorry, not trying to hijack.

--Ben
+Quote Post
markb
post Sep 14 2005, 11:55 AM
Post #5

914less :(

Member No.: 180
Region Association: Central California

QUOTE (ben1440 @ Sep 14 2005, 10:34 AM)
could this be in any way related to turn signals not turning off after turning? My high beams dont go on and when i am finished turning i have to manually turn off my turn signals. Sorry, not trying to hijack.

--Ben

Nope. Your steering wheel is probably on upside down. The piece that cancels the signals needs to be on the right. It's probably on the left, or missing (doubtful).
+Quote Post
Tobra
post Sep 14 2005, 11:05 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 4,634

Cool, my buddy gave me a headlight relay when I got the front turn signal lenses, fog light switch, console, center caps, and rear fascia
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st May 2024 - 09:05 PM