Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: No high beams
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Tobra
The low beams work, I can hear the relay clicking when I try to switch from low to high, and the L high beam flashes when I pull the lever, what could it be? I am going to get under there and clean up the contacts on the fuse block, where the wires connect, and where the fuses go. No horn either, but that is probably something else.
Dave_Darling
Either the connections to the high/low relay, or the relay itself, I would guess. Sounds like the relay isn't latching when you switch to high, so it flashes the highs and then flips back to low.

If I'm misreading that, and it flashes the highs and then no lights, that still says the relay to me...

--DD
jgullock
I had the same problem - relay wouldn't latch. Ended up taking it apart (hey, what the heck. If it isn't gonna work what do I have to loose) and played with the contact distance. There are two contact plates with a smaller one in between - I messed with the distances - spread them apart a little. Works fine now.
ben1440
could this be in any way related to turn signals not turning off after turning? My high beams dont go on and when i am finished turning i have to manually turn off my turn signals. Sorry, not trying to hijack.

--Ben
markb
QUOTE (ben1440 @ Sep 14 2005, 10:34 AM)
could this be in any way related to turn signals not turning off after turning? My high beams dont go on and when i am finished turning i have to manually turn off my turn signals. Sorry, not trying to hijack.

--Ben

Nope. Your steering wheel is probably on upside down. The piece that cancels the signals needs to be on the right. It's probably on the left, or missing (doubtful).
Tobra
Cool, my buddy gave me a headlight relay when I got the front turn signal lenses, fog light switch, console, center caps, and rear fascia
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.