Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Tee brake lines before entering Volvo calipers?
914turboford
post Sep 16 2005, 01:14 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,209

I am putting Volvo 240 four piston calipers on my 911 front end. The calipers have two inlet ports for the Volvo's diagonal braking system. Can I just block one port off or do I need to tee the two lines into the teener's single line?
Brian
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(20 - 24)
Aaron Cox
post Sep 19 2005, 01:33 PM
Post #21

Professional Lawn Dart

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 219
Region Association: Southern California

DUDE!!! details on the lifted 240 volvo wagon!!! (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/smilie_pokal.gif) (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/smilie_pokal.gif)
+Quote Post
andys
post Sep 19 2005, 01:50 PM
Post #22

Advanced Member

Member No.: 721
Region Association: None

Here's a drawing I saved that someone made of a Volvo brake like distribution block. Doesn't look very difficult to machine. Hope the file size is ok.

Andys

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Downunderman
post Sep 19 2005, 02:03 PM
Post #23

Member No.: 766
Region Association: Australia and New Zealand

I have them installed on the rear with SC rotors. I resolved both issues fairly easily. First off I had the original mounting holes plugged and re-drilled to move the caliper in closer to the hub. The holes had steel bar pressed in and then machined off flush. The holes were drilled 6mm closer to the hub. Then I pulled the pistons out and drilled the caliper body to connect the piston bores together in each half. Just drill at 45 deg from the base of the bore where the bores are closest together. Do this in each bore and the holes will intersect. Put a bleeder nipple in the redundant hole. No need then for any external plumbing.
+Quote Post
Aaron Cox
post Sep 19 2005, 02:05 PM
Post #24

Professional Lawn Dart

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 219
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE (Howard R @ Sep 19 2005, 01:03 PM)
I have them installed on the rear with SC rotors. I resolved both issues fairly easily. First off I had the original mounting holes plugged and re-drilled to move the caliper in closer to the hub. The holes had steel bar pressed in and then machined off flush. The holes were drilled 6mm closer to the hub. Then I pulled the pistons out and drilled the caliper body to connect the piston bores together in each half. Just drill at 45 deg from the base of the bore where the bores are closest together. Do this in each bore and the holes will intersect. Put a bleeder nipple in the redundant hole. No need then for any external plumbing.

Howard R

I would LOVE to see pics of the mounting ears and the machining you did...
+Quote Post
914turboford
post Sep 19 2005, 04:11 PM
Post #25

Member No.: 1,209

The Volvo is a 1975 245. It has the stock rear Dana 30. I lowered (relative to the car) the entire rear suspension 11". With the tall 265/75/16 tires it is about 14" higher than a stock 245. It has a Cherokee Dana 30 in the front. 4.10 gears. Chevy S10 700R4 auto trans and transfer case (new process). 200hp 1997 Camaro 3.8 V6. Has been driven about 200 miles since the conversion. Working out the bugs now. I started it in early June and drove it for the first time two weeks ago.
Brian
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 09:39 AM