Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> OT: Dad is doing better..., good and bad
Mark Henry
post Sep 20 2005, 07:38 AM
Post #1

that's what I do!

Group: Members
Member No.: 26
Region Association: Canada

I'd like to thank everyone that gave kind words and advice as to my dads condition. I haven't posted till now as the last few weeks his condition has been a roller coaster ride.

He's not out of the woods, but he sits up (with help) and is eating a bit. Unfortunately he has major lung and heart damage, he has no gag reflex and he has some brain damage, so it has pushed him into a state of confusion. There isn't a lot of hope that this will change, although he seems to be a happy crazy old fart.

He will require 24hr care for the rest of his life and after a month or two of rehab we will be looking at placing him in an old folks home. Luckily as a retired GM employee and veteran (WW2) all of this will be taken care of.

He should be around for a while yet and hopefully when it's his time it will be quick. We won't put him through any invasive procedures again as it would be against his wishes.

I'm hoping that I can get back "some" normality in our lives and get back to work.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 10:40 PM