Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Dad is doing better...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mark Henry
I'd like to thank everyone that gave kind words and advice as to my dads condition. I haven't posted till now as the last few weeks his condition has been a roller coaster ride.

He's not out of the woods, but he sits up (with help) and is eating a bit. Unfortunately he has major lung and heart damage, he has no gag reflex and he has some brain damage, so it has pushed him into a state of confusion. There isn't a lot of hope that this will change, although he seems to be a happy crazy old fart.

He will require 24hr care for the rest of his life and after a month or two of rehab we will be looking at placing him in an old folks home. Luckily as a retired GM employee and veteran (WW2) all of this will be taken care of.

He should be around for a while yet and hopefully when it's his time it will be quick. We won't put him through any invasive procedures again as it would be against his wishes.

I'm hoping that I can get back "some" normality in our lives and get back to work.
Root_Werks
Mark,

Enjoy the time you have with your father. My father passed away last month after loosing a battle with cancer for which he was diagnossed having only 3 weeks earlier. Sometimes life can deal some pretty tough cards. I would have been happier if my father would have lived even 6 months. The family misses him dearly.

My thoughts are with you and your father. Hang in there and above all, hang out with old Dad as much as you can. smile.gif
GaroldShaffer
Mark

Its never easy, but I hope things go as well as they can for your Father. I have been down this road also and its not easy watching the man that you thought was once invincible go through this. All you can do is be there for your dad and support him the best you can.
Jeroen
good to hear he's doing better!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.