Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Am I Missing The Listing?
When designing a "signature," is it necessary to?
When designing a "signature," is it necessary to?
List all the crap/dinglebobs/glitter you've spent major amounts of $$$ to "distinguish" your car from all posers. [ 4 ] ** [57.14%]
List all the c/d/u's AND every freakin' trike/car/plane/train you've owned since puberty. [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
List all the c/d/u's, eff'in cars, AND the cars you currently spooge over that you would like to own sometime [b]THIS CENTURY[/b], even if it means a 3rd divorce! [ 3 ] ** [42.86%]
Total Votes: 7
Guests cannot vote 
Rouser
post Aug 4 2003, 09:13 PM
Post #1

Anti-Post Whore

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 54

This will all become very clear.

I've lurked/perused/chuckled-through a few 911/930/944/951/964/968/993/996 sites (Whew! Did I leave any out?), some sites which are visited by a few individuals here, and others I happened to bump into just doing a nosey search.

Noticed I bolded a few bloodlines. Now, is there some sort-of "anal vision" that I've suddenly inherited, or have I noticed a tendancy for some 911-type owners (very few I've seen that don't) that absolutely FEEL the need to rattle off the entire "additional" (i.e. aftermarket) options off the window sticker? The only thing usually left out is the price; guess we don't want to open that anal port TOO wide.

Here's a classic example (bite me if you recognize any of these): Gemballa Aerodynamics, Europipe Stage II Loud, AVS 315/25/19 Rears, AVS 235/35/19 Fronts, Semi-Solid Forged SSR-GT3's, Bilstein PSS-9 Adjustable Coilovers, Bailey Diverter Valves, Tequipment Rollbar
* OR *
Midnight Blue / Savanna beige leather, PSE, ROW M030, GT3 Aero, 18" Carrera's, B&M, Mid Blue Console, RUF steering wheel and Pedals, Techart Mats, Deviating Carpet, Silver crest, Ralph Booth No Turn Centers
* OR *
RUF aluminium pedals, B&M short shift, K&N air filter, Bailey DVs, Painted bumperettes and lower rear bumper, Silver vision bulbs front and rear, blue vision side markers, PIAA fogs, Autobahnd Roadblock paint protection, tinted windows, Das Schild hood liner, HRE 542R 19" wheels, Brembo 8-piston 15" fronts and 4-piston 14" rears, Bilstein PSS-9 adjustable coilovers, H&R swaybars front and rear, Techart floor mats
* OR *
Carrera Rear Spoiler, Flared Rocker Pannels, PCM, Full Leather, Natural Leather, Advanced Technic Package, Design Package, Comfort Pakage, Porsche Convertible Child Seat with Airbag Deactivator, Xpel Paint Protection, Passport SRX, Smoke Side Markers, B&M Shortshifter, RUF Aluminum Pedals, Fabspeed Exhaust, Fabspeed Headers, ROW M030 Suspension
* OR *
GIAC ECU upgrade, cargraphic exhaust medium, Bailey DVs, RUF aluminum pedals, painted bumper pads, leather roll bar, chrome grill inserts, bumper plugs, K&N, silver emblem steering wheel, silver hood emblem

God, let me stop. I know most of you have commented on the "gold chain" set, but am I exagerating here? Heck, I was hoping to own a Boxster S, or maybe even a 993, sometime in my life, but will I have to resort to THIS kind of wallet-waving? Feel free to comment, PLEASE!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Brad Roberts
post Aug 4 2003, 09:16 PM
Post #2

914 Freak!

Group: Members
Member No.: 8
Region Association: None

The penis jokes are not really jokes at all.

It comes down to who has the biggest dick.

Each one trying to outdo the other.

Rob Ways... you getting any of this ?? (Business idea he had)

B
+Quote Post
Joe Bob
post Aug 4 2003, 09:40 PM
Post #3

Retired admin, banned a few times

Member No.: 5

When and IF I ever sell my 911....I will list the crap I took OFF.....
+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post Aug 4 2003, 10:06 PM
Post #4

Hey nice rack! -Celette

Member No.: 43
Region Association: Northstar Region

Huh? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) Are you referring to the other "P" car guy's. I never spent any time on their BBS checkin out their BS. I'll have to get a chuckle. I think?
+Quote Post
Eric Taylor
post Aug 5 2003, 12:47 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 770

Oh man if you think this is bad check out the audiworld forums. Crap like a K&N air filter's being the biggest mod, and topic's that consist of - "what body kit?" or my favorite " Would these rim's look good on my car?". Man it sure is sad. The Audi bread is an intersting mix. Mainly people who think they got more car then a leather equipped VW and like to flash it with Audi Key Chains and crap. Don't get me wrong a fair amount of the audi's are very nice, like the allroad and the S4, but the 1.8T A4 is just a flashy Jetta. (End Rant)
Eric
+Quote Post
airsix
post Aug 5 2003, 10:28 AM
Post #6

I have bees in my epiglotis

Member No.: 266

I don't care what's in somebody's signature as long as they keep it to 3 lines or less. My peeve is the 18 line sig full of poems and clip-art etc etc. If you want an epetaph (sp?) build a freaking website and then just put a link to it in your sigature. Anyone who gives a &*%$ will follow the link.
-Ben M.
+Quote Post
tryan
post Aug 5 2003, 10:45 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 184

all my shit is bone stock, but to each their own. what ever gives YOU a woodie.

no trinkets or jewels, my shoes stink like the wind and i wear my bald head like a crown.
my t shirt is the same color as my shorts today. damn, i am a geek.
+Quote Post
ninefourteener
post Aug 5 2003, 12:05 PM
Post #8

Perfectly Normal Guy :)

Member No.: 779

Read MY SIGNATURE........ that says it all (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
seanery
post Aug 5 2003, 12:10 PM
Post #9

waiting to rebuild whitey!

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 100

I don't get (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)
Am I missing something here?
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th May 2024 - 10:56 AM